Should i get it or not? (1 Viewer)

carbone

D E F I N E M E
HSC
Hey guys,

My parents are gnna get me a car that i want.. and i'm thinking of the Lexus SC430.. do you guys think it's a good car? Or what type of car would you recommend me to get?

Legham

HSC
Ferrari.

way better than a lexus sc430.

carbone

D E F I N E M E
HSC
I wanna get a car that doesn't look THAT sporty kinda.. just want a nice, elegant 'pretty' car.. LOL!

CieL

HSC
Um. It's a V8.. at your age, I'd think you'd be under the new "restricted vehicles" law and you can't drive a bloody V8.

Is this person a troll?

$180k first car?

You know what, whilst you're at it, buy an Audi R8 and just keep it in my garage k.

carbone

D E F I N E M E
HSC
Er.. it's not $180K.. it's around $75,000 min. Well.. i'm 17 atm, i've got my red P's.. next year i'll get my green P's and next yr's the time when the 08 Lexus sc430 comes out.. so i've got a year left to get my full license..

Last edited:
HSC
Excellent, so a $162,000 car is just going to sit in the driveway for a year. Nice move.

MathsIsWeird

HSC
Honestly just buy a car that you can handle and smash up a bit for about 2-3 years at least and then go for a good car, but if its gonna be the only car they buy you then i would suggest a volvo they are really nice cars and some of them are sporty, they are also number 1 in safety

Pace_T

HSC
wow that faggot-mobile costs $160k?? i was driving next to one today and i thought it was the ugliest piece of shit ever. engine sounded like it was a tarago too. honestly thought it was some ~15 year old shitbox on the road. still, i wouldnt get it if it they were valued at $20g.... please get that car, so i can laugh at you. :)

CieL

HSC
carbone said:
Er.. it's not $180K.. it's around $75,000 min.
And where does it say $75000?

"PRICING 4.3L V8 Auto Trans $162074*
"

http://www.lexus.com.au/models/specification.asp?model=SC430&view=priceoptions&specid=6

It's a bloody Lexus ffs.. the top of the range model of the bottom range [IS series] costs around $75k.. the SC or the Soarer range costs shitloads more.

Once you get it on the road, plus all these tid-bits.. it will add up to be around $170k

Why don't you get an IS250 instead?
Or maybe something that won't cost your parents over $75000..

No offence.. I think it's just spoilt that they make such a nice offer of getting you anything in kindness and you go and grab something majorly expensive [don't you feel bad?].. a car's a car.. and you don't look like you'd do any driving which would utilize that car's potential anyway.. I mean, ffs, you can't even get the price right.

StuntManonFire

Urban Myth
HSC
Wow! That's a sweet car if you have too much money and no sense of taste.

Audi TT: $88,900

BMW Z4: $87,900

Mercedes-Benz SLK280: $101,400

Porsche Cayman: $118,000

Pace_T

HSC
wow, the cayman that cheap? i remember when they were like 160k not long ago. definately a much better buy than that shitty lexus. same goes with that audi tt. forget the z4, its a piece of shit :p

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I'd say not. Second hand cars are made for new drivers, since they're cheap and relatively expendable. You can bump it and not bother repairing it (who wants to be seen in a dented porsche? Embarrassing amirite?).

If you desperately want a new car, you can get some small cars for less than $15 000. Just because you're not paying for it doesn't mean you should milk your parents for all they're worth.

7th Sign

HSC
so who is going to be paying costs of running the car? I.e. servicing costs and all one road coasts such as insurance.

are you parents making you pay that???

my advice would be to get a IS250

personally I would stick away from some of the choices listed above...

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
get something you can dent up a bit and not worry too much if you scrape the paintwork or someone keys it or it gets stolen etc etc. lets face it, you're on your P's so you're fairly new to driving on your own compared to people who have been driving for decades. you're more likely to crash or do something retarded. and give your parents a break, choose something in a reasonable price range ffs.

Last edited:

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
Even if you can afford it, which I doubt it, don't get it, even if it's a nice car, cause I know you're going to fuck it up, or someone else will.

Pace_T

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
get something you can dent up a bit and not worry too much if you scrape the paintwork or someone keys it or it gets stolen etc etc. lets face it, you're on your P's so you're fairly new to driving on your own compared to people who have been driving for decades. you're more likely to crash or do something retarded. and give your parents a break, choose something in a reasonable price range ffs.
carbone, i think what doris here is saying is that since youre a shit female driver its not worth getting a nice car, therefore get a cheap bomb cause we all know you whores cant park for shit without swapping paint with the cars next to you.
thank you bai bai =]

Jiga

Geeez parents paying for a $160k car... I felt guilty when my parents wanted to put $2000 towards my car, $160k is only 80x more :|

If you have to be greedy, Id say go for the Audi TT... it offers the best 'value for money'; good looks, good performance and not ridiculousy priced.

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
I wouldn't even suggest that. I'd suggest: Holden Tigra, Mitsubishi Colt Cabriolet, Peugeot 206 CC.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Pace_T said:
carbone, i think what doris here is saying is that since youre a shit female driver its not worth getting a nice car, therefore get a cheap bomb cause we all know you whores cant park for shit without swapping paint with the cars next to you.
thank you bai bai =]
yeah pretty much. i was trying to be nice :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)