• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Should i get a job in year 12? (1 Viewer)

Bloodstriker

HSC
There are people in my year who have jobs, but they will score <70 if they keep their current marks. I do MX1, Adv.Eng, Chem, Economics and SOR 2

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Well if you enjoy your job, I think it's rewarding. But ultimately it comes down to "Can you manage it"?

Ms106

Complexity
HSC
You definitely should have a job if you can manage it. Getting out of school with no employment on your resume doesn't help you very much. Also can teach you many valuable skills. I work as a kitchen hand in a local restaurant, which has taught me more about time management then anything else.

thisiswar

HSC
Get one now then quit closer to the trials or if you find you're struggling

loaves

HSC
Yes. I quit my job in January (worked through year 11) and I easily could have kept working and just taken time off for trials and HSC. I think that having commitments besides school makes you manage your time better - you can't be like "LOL I HAVE HEAPS OF TIME I'LL DO IT LATER" when you know you're working an 8 hour shift tomorrow. But that's just my opinion, you'll need to see what works for you and quit if it begins to affect your study.

lisarhhh

HSC
Yes. I quit my job in January (worked through year 11) and I easily could have kept working and just taken time off for trials and HSC. I think that having commitments besides school makes you manage your time better - you can't be like "LOL I HAVE HEAPS OF TIME I'LL DO IT LATER" when you know you're working an 8 hour shift tomorrow. But that's just my opinion, you'll need to see what works for you and quit if it begins to affect your study.
HAHA, this is the reason why i have a job.

carpe_diem

HSC
If you can cope, sure. As emamab said, just go casual and during your half-yearlies, trials, HSC, ask for a break. Plus, it makes you more independent as you are exposed to the "real world" and it can be your "break-time" away from studying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)