should i drop Maths Ext..?? Really need advice..!! (1 Viewer)

mem0ries

HSC
My current subjects are:
English Adv
Maths 2U and Ext
Chinese continuous
Business Studies
Economics
Total of 11 units

Im not sure if I should droped my ext. Maths. In my last half yearly I did bad - really really bad.., - and I have never got a single pass in my ext maths. Is it better for me to do 10 Units and put the extra effort into the 10 or, keep the ext maths..??

I really need advice on this. I really dont know what to do. What would i need to get a 90 UAI..

Advice anyone?

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
Drop it, what is the point of keeping it if it's just going to be the unit that doesn't count. It'll give you more time to focus on your other subjects.

Caitlin63

:-)
HSC
That depends how much effort you are putting in and how well you are doing in your other subjects. If you are happy with your other subjects or feel they are simply lacking some time put in, then drop.
On the other hand, if you are only just failing ext 1 and feel that you may not perform strongly in another subject then it does align and scale well so you might be better off keeping it.

That is some of my advice but I really think it boils down to do you like maths? because if you hate it then it is clearly not worth your time.

mem0ries

HSC
That depends how much effort you are putting in and how well you are doing in your other subjects. If you are happy with your other subjects or feel they are simply lacking some time put in, then drop.
On the other hand, if you are only just failing ext 1 and feel that you may not perform strongly in another subject then it does align and scale well so you might be better off keeping it.

That is some of my advice but I really think it boils down to do you like maths? because if you hate it then it is clearly not worth your time.
Well, i feel that if i drop ext i will regret it- but if im sure that i can get, at least a band 5+ in my subjects, except for english.. - as my teacher commented that i will not get a band 5.. = S

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
drop it, although the scaling it good, its only counted for one unit and ur not going well in it either

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Drop it.

There's not point keeping a subject if it's obviously not going to count because you're going horribly in it.

123ash

HSC
i my school there were 50 extention students in prelim. now there about less than 30. nothing wrong droping extension. all nerds do it. just drop it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)