should i drop ipt? (1 Viewer)

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by lil_star
hey winston....hows Usyd been?
yeah it's been pretty good :).... just tired lol... timetable is gay that's all, everything seems fine, what about you? how's UTS and your bicy dip :p

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
its good in UTS too....the best IT building in all unis ;):D

i guess ur theory of fobs being in UTS is not quiet right...i found there are whites as well as asians there...so guess wudnt be different to usyd or unsw :)

Hows the maths ther ;)...i wud have liked maths but i guess uts has been the most recommended one...lolz we do have a bit of maths....at least the binary/decimal/hexadecimal conversions!

my compulsory core subjects in brief are

accounting
Networking
Principles of Distributed Computing (rephrased IPT lolz)/ Unix (fun fun...i love DOS...so similar)
OOP (Java...jeez we have the best lecturer of all!)

Cheers

fatmuscle

HSC
IPT...

if you have NFI about computers
and you are damn smart at memorising stuff you read, and have 'good' understanding...

IPT is *THE* subject to do.
I know of no other subject with a wide range of resources (Textbooks, student notes, THE INTERNET) where you can self-study, ask for student help for learning and understanding. I guess this applies to all subjects - but esp with IPT cos content on the net is so easy to find - the more you self study, you will get very far compared to the other people in your class.

And if you are good at computers, you've mucked around with them a lot or a tiny bit, but know the basics, it's enough to get you far enough.

If you're one of those people who spend more than 3hrs on a computer a day (without playing games), stuff will come naturally to you.

however, you are one of those people who do have trouble udnerstanding, then up to you :p

if you did ANY computing studies during yr7-10, and found it easy, then consider IPT.

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
Originally posted by fatmuscle
IPT...

If you're one of those people who spend more than 3hrs on a computer a day (without playing games), stuff will come naturally to you.

this sounds like me :p :D

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
btw....i now think IPT is boring as UNI IT stuff is much more interesting :D :p :)

Scanorama

HSC
Keep it, dont drop it because of the scaling, IPT is the easiest subject Im doing at the moment, and i really enjoy it because it is just a bludge, unlimited internet access, download, eat, chatting and i can still get a pretty good mark at it.

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
Originally posted by Gough Whitlam
just a bludge, unlimited internet access, download, eat, chatting and i can still get a pretty good mark at it.
i dont think so!!!

C

CaR

hahah
our class use to be in that bludge mode too..until our class teacher was spying on us & locking our monitors...ghhh...=P

xeriphic

lol i know it's an old thread but for others i think it's better to stick with it, it is actually more useful in life then some of the other subjects as the world becomes more advanced in the field of technology, the amount of resources you can found like someone said eariler is indeed alot, to tell the truth i have only been studying through the notes and only added additional dots points from what the teacher has said in class

lil_star we also get similar things like locking monitors this year, basically i think it means that the power source for the monitors are controlled by the teacher, it actually requires a key in my case which provide different power for the monitor and the computer

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
thats good....basically in year 12 in ipt....only a few people in my class were on the net ie...may be around 4-5 out of 13...which is prolly a good stat for my school and the rest sat and listened to the teacher....while in yr 11 we had 23 people and most who dropped used computers for chat and stuff :s

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
Originally posted by xeriphic
lol i know it's an old thread but for others i think it's better to stick with it, it is actually more useful in life then some of the other subjects as the world becomes more advanced in the field of technology, the amount of resources you can found like someone said eariler is indeed alot, to tell the truth i have only been studying through the notes and only added additional dots points from what the teacher has said in class

lil_star we also get similar things like locking monitors this year, basically i think it means that the power source for the monitors are controlled by the teacher, it actually requires a key in my case which provide different power for the monitor and the computer
do you go to cbhs lewo?

HSC
maybe i should change the name of this thread considering that i'm still in IPT and i'm ok with my decision (just pretty sick of the negativeness in my class)

CrashOveride

HSC
from playing around with SAM calculator....I.T. seems to scale better for UAI ?

if u can...drop IT..drop IPT...all high school computing..apart from maybe SDD (if ur into programming) sux.

I'm stuck with IPT and IT with like 3 months or so till the HSC.

I need someones advice: I've got like assessment tests and that comign up at the end of this term (2-3 weeks)..and the major IPT project is due in like that time as well....i have not started on it.

Should i drop IPT now even tho there is so little time till the HSC? I was thinking of dropping either IPT or IT but the SAM calc. seems to be tellign me that IT scales a bit better.....verdict ?

vanity

HSC
Originally posted by CrashOveride
from playing around with SAM calculator....I.T. seems to scale better for UAI ?if u can...drop IT..drop IPT...all high school computing..apart from maybe SDD (if ur into programming) sux.

I'm stuck with IPT and IT with like 3 months or so till the HSC.

I need someones advice: I've got like assessment tests and that comign up at the end of this term (2-3 weeks)..and the major IPT project is due in like that time as well....i have not started on it.

Should i drop IPT now even tho there is so little time till the HSC? I was thinking of dropping either IPT or IT but the SAM calc. seems to be tellign me that IT scales a bit better.....verdict ?
dont drop it!

CrashOveride

HSC
I dunno how im gona get round to doing this project thing.
What sux is that i only get 2 lessons of IPT per week...coz the 3rd is eaten up by my 4u math class. I was jus wondewring, isnt there a set number of hours u have to be like present at school for a certain course to satisfy some bs criteria? Coz statistically, i think ive only attended some 60% of IPT lessons since yr12.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)