should I drop economics in yr 12? (1 Viewer)

Sapnu

HSC
reasons for dropping:
-bludged for most of prelim eco
-pretty shit teacher (she might get replaced)
-honestly not sure if i enjoy it or not? i haven't gone on long periods of studying for eco but for the brief moments i do i find it quite bothersome

reasons for keeping:
-im saying i will actually study consistently in yr 12 (but worried ill lose motivation and itll effect my other subjects)
-want a backup plan

beetree1

HSC
I would recommend dropping to 10 units for HSC.
Here are some reasons why:
  • having no back up plan means you will work harder knowing that you have no other option
  • Studying for HSC is difficult if you do not enjoy the subject which I can see in your cbb nature to study short sessions for it
  • doing 12 units in the first place is setting yourself up for failure for a subject, so why do it
  • having 10 units means you have SO much more time to study for everything, rather than wasting time on that one subject you probably won't do later in the year
Either way, have no regrets and just do what you need to do

dasfas

HSC
If you're already regretting picking it in y11, then drop it. You won't like it in y12 and it'll bring your other subjects down

DrduskReborn

HSC
reasons for dropping:
-bludged for most of prelim eco
-pretty shit teacher (she might get replaced)
-honestly not sure if i enjoy it or not? i haven't gone on long periods of studying for eco but for the brief moments i do i find it quite bothersome

reasons for keeping:
-im saying i will actually study consistently in yr 12 (but worried ill lose motivation and itll effect my other subjects)
-want a backup plan
Drop if your absolutely sure you will do better in your other subjects no matter what and that you can perform well in each of them. I did essentially drop to 10 units in the HSC as well though I didn’t officially drop and I would say it was worth it because I was 100% sure I would do better in my other subjects. For reference my bludge subject was IPT.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
What's your ranking in each respective subject?

How does your school cohort typically perform?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)