Should I drop down to 10 units? (1 Viewer)

PandA_

HSC
I am thinking of dropping economics so from 12Units --> 10Units
Subjects

English (Advanced)
Maths (2U)
Maths (Ext 1)
Physics
Chemistry
Studies of Religion
Economics

Subject I might drop Economics
Reason: I find it hard understanding the concepts and effects on economies e.g. Balance of payments etc....
My first assessment mark was 95% .. AVG 85%
Should i drop Economics and just do 10 units?
Anyone who has done economics of is doing it, any advice would be helpful HOW DO I UNDERSTAND IT BETTER??? although my first assessment was good i think i will struggle with upcoming exams and understanding

UAI Aim 90+

Thnx

OabAli

HSC
LOL, I had almost the same subjects in Yr 11 (except SDD instead of Chem.).

I dropped Economics instead of MX1 before Yr 12 started, even though I was ranked 3rd in class. I too didn't understand all the concepts - I just wasn't interested in learning about the economy, plus the HSC textbook is huge!

Right now, I sorta regret it in respect to it benefitting my UAI, because in MX1, I'm currently getting below 50% in Internal assessment marks... :mad1:

random-1005

Banned
HSC
LOL, I had almost the same subjects in Yr 11 (except SDD instead of Chem.).

I dropped Economics instead of MX1 before Yr 12 started, even though I was ranked 3rd in class. I too didn't understand all the concepts - I just wasn't interested in learning about the economy, plus the HSC textbook is huge!

Right now, I sorta regret it in respect to it benefitting my UAI, because in MX1, I'm currently getting below 50% in Internal assessment marks... :mad1:

economics is fairly simple, the whole subject basically revolves around the simple concept of equilibrium and demand and supply forces, and it has been the most exicting context (with finance crisis) to be studying economics in a very long time (Additionally, this makes it much easier to find articles and papers for your research tasks and essays). ill admit the first chapter learning about globalisation isnt the most exciting, but it gets better after that. and if ur getting below 50% in exten maths and only doing 10 units ur screwed, its quite obvious u should have never done it in the first place, you should have seen my school, started with like 60 exten1 people in yr11 and by yr12 we are down to like 25

Even if you are not considering a career in commerce/finance, economics is a very interesting subject. it is simply amazing all of the work that goes on "behind the scene", so to speak, to keep the economy running. it just doesnt all magically work by itself (which is what many ignorant people think)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)