Should I drop Ancient to pick up Extension 2 English? (1 Viewer)

matreha

HSC
Hi everyone!

I'm in Year 11 - coming to the end actually, and am currently trying to decide whether I should drop Ancient History and pick up Extension 2 English? I really like the idea of working on a creative story for the year, and I don't LOVE Ancient. Any thoughts/advice would be great. I'm aiming for an ATAR of 90+ if possible. I currently have 12 units, so if I decide to do Extension 2, I'll have 11. My other subjects are:

Advanced English
Extension English 1
Religion 1 unit
Mathematics
French Continuers
Drama

Thank you for any thoughts! :)

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
If you are ready for the work load, seeing as you do Drama and will have a major, then go for it. It's always best to do what you like.

Therese98

HSC
Hi everyone!

I'm in Year 11 - coming to the end actually, and am currently trying to decide whether I should drop Ancient History and pick up Extension 2 English? I really like the idea of working on a creative story for the year, and I don't LOVE Ancient. Any thoughts/advice would be great. I'm aiming for an ATAR of 90+ if possible. I currently have 12 units, so if I decide to do Extension 2, I'll have 11. My other subjects are:

Advanced English
Extension English 1
Religion 1 unit
Mathematics
French Continuers
Drama

Thank you for any thoughts! :)
I've dropped Drama to do Extension 2, which is both happy and sad.

Which do you like better? Or, what do you want to do after school?

matreha

HSC
I've dropped Drama to do Extension 2, which is both happy and sad.

Which do you like better? Or, what do you want to do after school?

I would like to have some kind of writing-related job in the future, so it'd be good for me to do Extension 2. I don't like Ancient all that much! The only thing I'm worried about is the workload of the major and getting it finished in time.

Therese98

HSC
I would like to have some kind of writing-related job in the future, so it'd be good for me to do Extension 2. I don't like Ancient all that much! The only thing I'm worried about is the workload of the major and getting it finished in time.
Well........ (life advice woman girding up her mental powers of persuasion here :))
I would choose extension 2. (and I have)
I have been advised to get a draft of the major in during the summer holidays, so if you're willing to bash it out from word go....... then, yes! Do it!
Seriously, it's only 8000 words, though (be aware that I am just as competent and experienced as you, so I'd take my advice with a grain of salt)

In summary, I say do it, but it's up to you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)