Should I drop a subject? (1 Viewer)

comp247

HSC
I do :
Physics (5th in year)
Chemistry (6th in year)
Adv English (.........if it wasnt compulsory i would've dropped it long ago. HOW DO YOU STUDY ENGLISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
4u Maths (dunno yet)
Ext Jap (1st in cont but dunnot yet for this one)

Typical asian subjects I know. I dropped Chemistry as I started yr 12 but picked it up again.
I wanna do Med or Aeronautical Enginnering(Space) at uni. One part of me wants to drop one subject and concentrate on just the 4 but then I'm limiting myself to one choice so I'm stumped. What do you guys think? Should I drop one or keep going?

DownInFlames

Token Member
where I spend the vast majority of my time
HSC
That depends on whether you're handling that massive workload well. If you feel that you're doing really well at enough of your subjects, and you're not about at have an emotional breakdown or kill someone or stop seeing the light of day for weeks on end or something, you should be fine. But if not you should probably drop your extension language, since it least fits in with your future plans and will take up a lot of your time. If it comes time to drop something, you'll probably know what you need to get rid of.

HSC
I dropped Physics; picked up Biology; dropped from 2u Maths to Gen. Maths; and dropped Chemistry.

this left me with:

Biology
Adv. English
Legal Studies
Ancient History
Gen. Maths

If you feel the work load is too much then drop something, im assuming that you're japanese and thats why you're 1st in that class. If you know Japanese really well then drop it, its not an essential one to your Medical Studies or Aeronautical Engineering...

comp247

HSC
nah i'm not jap. is it really best to drop jap because it's irrelevant to my choices? i was sorta depending on it for the mark...

HSC
you're doing all the subjects i did! plus more. i didn't do ext 2 math or ext jap. :)

nah i'm not jap. is it really best to drop jap because it's irrelevant to my choices? i was sorta depending on it for the mark...
no. do what you're interested in and good at and that gets the best results. but really all ext japanese is, is more stress. if you wanted to pursue japanese in the future you don't need it. so i'd suggest you drop that. that would take you back down to 12 units which isn't so bad.

have you considered dropping to 2 u math? it ranks just as well...
Yeah but stupid if OP is looking into doing engineering after school.

but if you can handle everything, then do so till you can't and drop accordingly. :)

Last edited:

comp247

HSC
thanks guys :) i was quite stressed about ext jap cuz although it was interesting i wasnt feeling that confident memorising all the texts n the monologue.... i'll probably drop ext jap.. yeh i think i will :) i'd rather do the best i can in a few subjects than be greedy n fail miserably in everything lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)