Should I do the English homework? (1 Viewer)

Should I?

• Yes

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 80.0%

• Total voters

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
For the past three English lessons I’ve had a sub, and so naturally me and the boys got on the math grind and didn’t even look at the work assigned to us. Now it’s 7:45pm on a Sunday and I’ve got three lessons worth of work to do. I think there’s about a 50% chance my teacher will check it - he’s usually a bit inconsistent with checking homework. English is period 4 so I’ve got a bit of time to do the work tomorrow if I so choose. So what should I do, relax or do the homework?

carrotsss

HSC
Is it actually beneficial work or just time wasting stuff

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
For the past three English lessons I’ve had a sub, and so naturally me and the boys got on the math grind and didn’t even look at the work assigned to us. Now it’s 7:45pm on a Sunday and I’ve got three lessons worth of work to do. I think there’s about a 50% chance my teacher will check it - he’s usually a bit inconsistent with checking homework. English is period 4 so I’ve got a bit of time to do the work tomorrow if I so choose. So what should I do, relax or do the homework?
depends if it helps
as someone who ranked 1st in english i found that doing all the beneficial work (emphasis on beneficial) made putting in effort for english so much easier much down the line when i was writing up my essays and it took much less effort and time than my peers. also helps when you're doing it as groupwork with tablemates and friends who are also ranked highly in english and take the subject seriously lol

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
Ty Ty for the feedback. Our text this term is just six different Kenneth Slessor poems, and the assessment is probably gonna be week 6. I’ll start doing some analysis on the poems on my own.

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
Ty Ty for the feedback. Our text this term is just six different Kenneth Slessor poems, and the assessment is probably gonna be week 6. I’ll start doing some analysis on the poems on my own.
try to get access to litcharts if your poems have litcharts, because if u have litcharts analysing the poems becomes so much easier, and for poems they specifically identify poetic techniques in the litcharts like spondaic meter and stuff. if you don't i'll see if my litcharts folder has them i'll send tomorrow after biology if you'd like

zahri992

HSC
hahah just do maybe one part of it so you can say you started but didn't finish because you were waiting for them to get back :D

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
try to get access to litcharts if your poems have litcharts, because if u have litcharts analysing the poems becomes so much easier, and for poems they specifically identify poetic techniques in the litcharts like spondaic meter and stuff. if you don't i'll see if my litcharts folder has them i'll send tomorrow after biology if you'd like
Thank you so much if you could check your litcharts folder

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
hahah just do maybe one part of it so you can say you started but didn't finish because you were waiting for them to get back :D
That’s what I’ve done some lessons. Do one question, when your teacher asks that questions stick your hand up and answer it Scott free

zahri992

HSC
That’s what I’ve done some lessons. Do one question, when your teacher asks that questions stick your hand up and answer it Scott free
the best technique. especially if u know nobody else has done the work then they can't get angry at u bc they assume u did the rest too

AsuTeksu

Rising Renewal
HSC
Is it just my school or are you guys at risk of N-Warnings too? I really find my classwork useless and it's unnecessarily long. However, if I don't complete it, despite being at the top of my cohort, I could get one.

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
Is it just my school or are you guys at risk of N-Warnings too? I really find my classwork useless and it's unnecessarily long. However, if I don't complete it, despite being at the top of my cohort, I could get one.
depends on the subject. my english teacher threatened n-warnings and awards for kids in her ex1 and ex2 class but for adv didn't really care but that was cos our class always got the highest class averages in the cohort. in maths I knew a kid who got a ton of N-warnings because he was so behind on Cambridge chapters.

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
Update: bless the mapleleafs

My English teacher is Canadien, and we just found out today that the reason he hasn’t been checking the homework is cause the Toronto Mapleleafs are doing well.

Never once in my life have I even thought about ice hockey. But after I finding that out, I’ve being praying for the mapleleafs all day. I hope you join me in praying for the mapleleafs, whoever tf they are 🙏🍁🇨🇦

1698642029773.png

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)