Should I do French Begginers? (1 Viewer)

Protract

HSC
I don't know any word of French other than Bounjai, or however you spell that.

Gigacube

HSC
If you're interested in it then you should do it. What are your other subjects.

Really, the decision is yours at the end of the day.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
French is rather boring from what I recall from year 8, it was a hell hole :cry:

but up to you in the end

terminator69

HSC
I don't know any word of French other than Bounjai, or however you spell that.
What the fuck is Bounjai? Also, imo learning French in Australia is a waste of time. I did it during year 8, 9 and 10 and can't remember a thing. Better off going to live in a French speaking country and learn it fluently in a few months.

muzeikchun852

HSC
learning a language means hard work. you need to constantly revise the vocabulary and structures so you can use it in different tasks. advantages of learning a language is that you won't need to study as much as you need to compare to other subjects, since you are doing the prep throughout the year.

HSC
languages is fun and somewhat easy if you're really passionate about it, if you're not though it just seems to make it impossible to learn and annoying

Millieetudiant

HSC
It really depends. I personally find it quite enjoyable, and in fact really not that hard. It's a language subject, meaning it's half logical, and half art.

I had next to no knowledge of French at the start of this year, but now (the end of year 11), I've gained substantial knowledge of the language.

If you want to do well, you should --REVISE REGULARLY, because it's all entirely new knowledge for you, and you build new knowledge on top of old knowledge, if that makes ANY SENSE.
--DONT MISS MUCH CLASS and if you do make sure you catch up properly or you may fall behind easier than in other subjects, as French exams are harder to bullshit.
-- BE AWARE THAT THERE ARE LISTENING, SPEAKING, READING, AND WRITING ASSESSMENTS - so you should be focussing on building your ability to understand spoken and written French, and your ability to write and speak in French.
--HAVE FUN. It really isn't too hard, and you're not expected to be amazingly fluent by the end of year twelve - although you pick up the language expenentially. Don't be scared. It's a good subject, and a good break from conventional Maths/Science/English subjects.

Hope you pick it - my entire school year has less than twenty people and the number is falling

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)