Should I do Chemistry (1 Viewer)

moonsuyoung

HSC
Hii guys!
I can always change subjects next year but I'm wondering if should do Chemistry instead of Korean beginners...or engineering studies...?
I didn't pick it up because of my workload and I want to focus a lot of my time on maths, so I didn't choose it initially. I was wondering if anybody could give me an insight on doing 3u maths, adv eng, eco, chem and physics at the same time and was this manageable?

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
Hii guys!
I can always change subjects next year but I'm wondering if should do Chemistry instead of Korean beginners...or engineering studies...?
I didn't pick it up because of my workload and I want to focus a lot of my time on maths, so I didn't choose it initially. I was wondering if anybody could give me an insight on doing 3u maths, adv eng, eco, chem and physics at the same time and was this manageable?
YES chem is acc 😍 + scales high. Also is pretty helpful in certain courses so it'd be useful as an investment for the future (idk to what scale, but still!)

goodcat911

HSC
Hii guys!
yes, do chem (make sure u actually enjoy it and are willing to put time in it tho). yes, doing 3u maths, adv eng, eco, chem and physics at the same time is manageable. yes, not a high workload (as long as u manage ur time well and dont let hw and stuff pile up).

bigman19191

HSC
dont do eng studies. the syllabus is extremely outdated and confusing and you're finished if you don't have a good teacher

skzzks

HSC
Hii guys!
i was doing that combination + 3u eng imo chem was SOOOO much more enjoyable than physics chem is worth it the workload isn’t too bad just don’t cram work in small chunks throughout the term and you’ll do great plus mod 2-4 is quite easy imo mod 1 is tricky but easy once u memorise and structure ur responses well so the workload isn’t too bad but consider ur performance in y10 chem

AsuTeksu

Rising Renewal
HSC
In terms of what @skzzks is saying, I definitely agree that Module 1 is tricky in the sense that it isn't that heavy on calculations and has a lot more theory. That's when past papers come in handy to see what you need to be saying to achieve full marks, especially when talking about the structure and properties of substances.

I like Module 2-4 a lot since it was clear how and why they linked *chefs kiss*

libestraumno3

HSC
YESS but I'm not too sure if this going to affect my marks in Year 11 because of my workload :((
i have a friend doing engineering studies, physics and chem and oh my goodness her engineering studies binder is like the thickest out of everything and shes always stressing about it and the sheer content it has. (literally a mountain....) she says its all maths, physics and chemistry into one... though she's dropping engineering and ipt bc shes doing 4u maths.

personally im also doing chem - initally my most hated science (had to do chem bc physics and eco were on the same line) BUT i love it now... its so fun and i find it easier to study for just because it's so interesting and there are a bunch of resources online that you could use. from what i know, chem is the 'middle' science being the most balanced out of bio, chem and physics in terms of content vs calculations.

remember for y11 you need at least 12 units - so 3u maths, 2u eng, eco, chem, phys is still 11units

Last edited:

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
Hii guys!
taking chem was literally one of the best decisions i've ever made. the course for the most part is super interesting and you get to do a ton of fun practicals and experiments, especially in the hsc course. def take chem you will not regret it 👍

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)