• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

should i do 4u? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hi I was thinking of doing 4u maths next year. Currently i'm getting 60-70% in 3unit and my other subjects are economics, chemistry, physics, software design, 2u maths and english advanced.

Do you recommend that i should do 4U or stay with what I got? Also, if i decide to drop physics and not do 4u, will it affect the scaling?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
shawty-snappin said:
Hi I was thinking of doing 4u maths next year. Currently i'm getting 60-70% in 3unit and my other subjects are economics, chemistry, physics, software design, 2u maths and english advanced.

Do you recommend that i should do 4U or stay with what I got? Also, if i decide to drop physics and not do 4u, will it affect the scaling?
Why not give it a go? I reckon anyone who carry passion for Mathematics can do Mathematics Extension 2. 60% to 70% is quite decent as well. Pick it and if you don't like it, drop it. Sounds fair?

By the way, I didn't understand what you meant by your last comment.

me121

Premium Member
HSC
Start it and see how you go. If you are doing well, consider keeping it. If you are not going so well no harm in dropping. In the start of yr 12 (term 4), things arn't too busy so you should have the time to put some effort into it.

So yeah.. give it a go, because you can always drop it if its too hard.

FuseNick

HSC
To do 4u maths dont you have to drop 2u maths. So it would be hard to start 4u drop it and then try and pick up the 2u content u missed.

BIGTYMA

Focus
HSC
FuseNick said:
To do 4u maths dont you have to drop 2u maths. So it would be hard to start 4u drop it and then try and pick up the 2u content u missed.
you should have covered the whole 2u course in 3u prelim.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
FuseNick said:
lol. You cover all the 2 Units materials as well (normally). I guess you can do 4 Unit, Nick. However, for you and I, we don't have to attend classes for 2 Unit since we are both accelerated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)