Should I bother studying for SC? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I don't really care about it; it's an pointless exam. My trials are in like Week 1 Term 4 and the actual thing is in about Week 5 of next term or so. All my friends are studying, but I don't really want to.

Thoughts? The subjects are really boring and dry. It can't possibly help me in any way for Yr 11 and 12. And plus the English and Maths one are really easy. Not asking for you to tell me what to do, but any tips would be appreciated.

tambam

HSC
Applications for some cadetships in yr12 will ask for school cert.
So if you're considering these, its not wise to completely bomb the exams.
but having said that, school cert is designed to test very basic ability/knowledge, so if you're a decent student, your should be able to do well anyway

wesa1995

HSC
Only if your trying to get into a really hard Tafe course. lol

SpreadTheWord

HSC
Definitely revise for your exams. Adopt a good attitude towards your study now, and you'll be well prepared for Prelim, and HSC. Also, If you suddenly decide to apply for a top school (Im assuming for this case, you are not in one) then you will need to provide a school report that shows you have the academic calibre to succeed there. This is where the SC will come in handy.

However in saying that, it goes to show how pointless SC is; because i have not got one.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
You will probably get Band 6 for everything without study.

I got 100 for the computer skills test and 98 for the maths.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
SC maths is a joke, it's suppose to go for 2 hours yet I finish it in about 40 mins :/

Then again my year ain't the best at maths, and it takes people close to an hour to get through the first section lol.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I disagree with all the comments above. Why study you might say? You are the last year to have the SC. You will be part of history, the old and the new. You might as well give it your and develop habits before Year 11. Wouldn't you want to have a shiny certificate to show your children? Be a role model to the Year 7-9s. Having said that, 30 minutes a day is more than fine.

tutorsaustblog

HSC
You should absolutely study for these exams. Sounds like you do need to be a bit more positive and motivated - i recommenrd you read 7 habits of highly effective people.

Check out our site for further tips for specific subjects.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Should you bother studying? For me? No.

You can always pick up studying habits in Year 11, Year 12 could be a bit late.

kwu1

HSC
Study for the S.C trials, if you have then no need to study for S.C itself. Take the time to just relax :D

Woo! Holidays!

such_such

HSC
See how you go in your school trials, since school trials are harder than the actual thing. If you did pretty well, no need to study hard :) But if you do mediocre, consider doing SOME studying as the SC is a complete waste of time. It's stupid because no studying is required and people get band 6 for everything - no studying required. But if you want something good to simply show-off, then do well and study!

JohnoL

HSC
It doesn't matter if u study or not, cause either way, u'll havta go to yr 11. Now u havta be over 17 of age to drop out of skol. Plus the SC is really easy, i got all band 6's in everything, all arnd 95

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)