Should I bother studying for chemistry? (1 Viewer)

Loz_metalhead

HSC
I have been trying to decide all year on whether I should drop it. I thought I would keep it as a back up...I even got my teacher to sign the form to drop... I really hate it. I have 12 units.

Over the past few weeks I have done alot of study for 2U maths and now average about 65-70% in the past papers(not great, I know). For chemistry, I got 55% for my trial...

Math-26/52
Chemistry-18/29

Chemistry is my last exam, and I have 2 days free before it. I was thinking of just studying chemistry all day today and thats it, but there's no way I will get through four topics...since I really don't know much.

virus_89

HSC
I'm not sure how hard your chem exams are at skool, but the scaling is quite decent, a lot better than maths

In 2003 a raw mark of about 62 scaled to about 80

Just work hard on it, theres decent notes of this site so use them if you need to. Two full days should be enough to cover the 4 topics.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
well i guess if chem is your back up subject, id suggest you study for the others and just leave chem to two days before
you never, know witht he amount of stuff one can learn in just two days
good luck

Tim035

HSC
lol its almost an exact replica of me in extension english.

Heres what I suggest you do:
Go to www.chemistrycoach.com.au go to hsc resources and download the yearly revision question sheet. It contains about 5 pages of condense questions that cover most of the important dot points for the three core modules, complete this.
After which grab hold of the last 5 years HSC papers and do atleast the option part of them to make sure you have you have ur option reasonably under control (If your still keen, doing the entire papers couldn't hurt).

That should be about 2 days work(minus doing parts A and B of the hsc papers) and will give you a decent understanding and have u reasonably prepared for the chem exam (assuming you havn't done tiddly squat this year in chemistry and this is mostly revision not new stuff your learning).

Loz_metalhead

HSC
I have done tiddly squat this year...I know pretty much nothing. God whenever I feel like this, I just go and study maths.

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
i suggest u keep both chem and maths
since ur rank is alright for "not much knowledge"

its same for my econ, i want to drop it but then i am not exactly putting much effort to get my rank now & i have one week to study for it

why waste the whole yr now? =)

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
Loz_metalhead said:
I have done tiddly squat this year...I know pretty much nothing. God whenever I feel like this, I just go and study maths.
hahaha, that happens to me too! instead of studying maths i go study religion...

chemistry is a fun subject if you can understand the concepts of it. be sure to get the main skills down so that u can at least get through the paper without breaking down . lol

tim035 gave u that awesome website, use it.... as well there are all the resources here on BOS. read through them, you don't have time to rewrite them or whatever, so highlight, try and understand the concepts and in those last few days do the past hsc questions on those dot points that may have been a bit more difficult for you.

it'd also be an awesome idea to go look at the Standard's Packages on the Board of Studies Website to see an example of answers and what exactly they look for in the exam.

Good Luck!

Loz_metalhead

HSC
I have the 2005 success one for chemistry...it's getting so close that I want to just the study exams coming up. Ohwell, its my fault. I should have revised chemistry weeks ago.

Tim035

HSC
yeah success one is awesome, I bought the 2004 addition back at the start of year 12 last year.

You've only got like 9 days of studying whatever subject you like then its on to studying for the exam comming up. So just FORCE YOURSELF to sit down and get some work done. Everyone I talk to whos already done the HSC always says in the weeks leading up they felt like it was hopeless and they couldn't do much more, but then once its over their like OMG if I'd just put in a few more hours each day into chem and bio etc etc I could've done really well!!!

Monstar

HSC
chem is actually pretty easy. you just read the stuff adn you understand it.

I got eco 3days before chem so i'm studying for chem now and then using the free 10days i have before eco to study for eco.

Aaron06

To Rid The Disease
HSC
Aren't your 10 best units counted for UAI?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)