Should I be worried? (1 Viewer)

Sambam429

HSC
Ok so hopefully I'm going to uni in Melbourne next year but I know no one there. I'll be living on campus but I'm so worried I won't make any friends; like I'm kinda socially awkward a bit and I'm really worried. Will I make friends guys? I've been stressing over this for ages.

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
Ok so hopefully I'm going to uni in Melbourne next year but I know no one there. I'll be living on campus but I'm so worried I won't make any friends; like I'm kinda socially awkward a bit and I'm really worried. Will I make friends guys? I've been stressing over this for ages.
That's really up to you. In semester 1 I didn't have many friends but this semester I started taking to people and it has been easier

cho6092

HSC
IMO The fact you're going to college makes it so much easier to make friends, you guys have things to do during O week, meal times, etc.
Say hi and smile as you walk in corridors and sometimes conversations do come up! Or there's stuff in the common room too

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Socially awkward ay

A friend called square once told me "don't give a fak what people think "

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
Everyone is awkward the first few days so don't worry.
this as well

I remember in the first tutorials; everyone sat one seat apart and spent their time on their phones lol

dw OP; you'll probably make friends

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
this as well

I remember in the first tutorials; everyone sat one seat apart and spent their time on their phones lol

dw OP; you'll probably make friends
lmaooo this

Adrita just went and sat next to them to make them feel uncomfortable :)

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
I don't know why anyone hasn't pointed out, but joining a club with your interests is the easiest way to make friends at uni, literally you are introduced to people and you can instantly talk to them about the interest you share and you go from there, plus it helps you know they will come to various club activties so you'll be able to see them around.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
You're first year, relax it's easy to make friends even if you're socially awkward (well mildly socially awkward). Just go sit next to someone in a lecture who's sitting one seat next to the edge and just say Hi, is anyone sitting here? and bam, you got one friend you'll be meeting every lecture. I mostly made my friends from labs and we're still friends till date so you can make a couple of friends from there as well =)

rogery

HSC
Definitely don't worry :). Most people will feel the same way and everyone will be keen to make friends so just try to be friendly and open to talking to others especially at the beginning of the semester that's when everyone is extra friendly and open. E.g. Just sit next to people in your lectures and start a conversation, and people usually make friends during O-week as well! I am sure that you will make plenty of friends, more than you can imagine haha :) Also, this article may help and relieve your stress about starting university, hope it helps:

http://www.studymyway.com/student-life/know-starting-university/

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
make friends on BoS

seriously tho a lot of ppl will be in the same boat as you and will be keen to make friends.

try not to mention that you go on BoS tho

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)