• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Should conscription be re-introduced in 21st Century Australia? (1 Viewer)

Should conscription be re-introduced in 21st Century Australia?

• Total voters

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Lets just give up our soveriegnty and have a one-world Government???

Seriously, a nuclear armed UN??? Lets put a nuclear arsenal in the hands of a group which includes dictators, oppressive regimes, terrorist supporters, so on and so forth....
I think what he was suggesting was a permenant peacekeeping force that isn't just someone's army on temporary loan to the UN but is instead drawn, trained and payed for by the UN, with complete disregard to the nationality of the enlistee.
Nuclear arsenal idea was just plain stupid.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
lol what is wrong with you

you will fit in perfectly with all the aspergers ADF faggets lol

what have you got against freedom?

jennyfromdabloc

coked up sociopath
HSC
I have nothing against freedom - I see this merely as an extension of school, designed to teach you skills etc.

If you don't like the military aspect, do the civilian side. Not an issue imo.
So if its just to teach vocational skills, in what way is it an improvement on the current school, TAFE and university systems?

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
you have nothing against freedom

but you think it is OK to force people to fight other people to the death for whatever reason the governemt decides

oh ok bro

fucking aspergers cunt

sure if australia was invaded i would be the first person to enlist, as it is worth dying to protect people i love etc, you are advocating forcing people to fight for any reason the government wants.

dont you understand, armies of conscripts are not as good as volunteers and never will be

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
The Western Liberalism implicit in the argument against conscription is a road to no where. It leads to legalism, which leads to a culture that can no longer define or defend itself. Truth is ignored and greed is the finite fossil fuel of choice.
Things fall apart
The center cannot hold...

This is why we needs guardians in civilization who stand for Truth. The Church did this quite well for some time, Monarchs gradually took over, elected leaders did some limited good but eventually failed under media glare, then the media fancied themselves as suitable, but this did not last long after Vietnam. Now we have no one.
Rudderless
Taking water
collapsing in on ourselves
s
sin
sinkingg

5233andy

HSC
The military does teach the individual many things that life, in general, cannot foster. However, conscription will bring about the loss of life, which is more than likely the argument against it. I know that some schools, particular the independent schools, offer a cadets program. It's one that is compulsory for all students in the junior years of high school for a year or two, optional thereafter. During that period, the school would send ship the cadets to the bush, where they'd exercise their skills and whatnot. In a sense, I think it's something that is worthwhile to be enforced in a larger number of schools...

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
SOMEONE PLEASE PROVIDE SOME EVIDENCE SHOWING THAT MILITARY EVIDENCE TEACHES INDIVIDUALS X ABOUT LIFE THAT A NORMAL EXISTANCE CANT

until then stfu you have no argument

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
what can the military teach us, that a good upbringing wont?

except ptsd

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
you did not address my challenge

provide evidence for your claims that national service/military service is beneficial

you have obvious aspergers

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
lol seriously

anecdotal evidence

not acceptable

i have friends in the army and airforce. :confused:

answer the question

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
i have been through the recruitment process lol

you have no evidence what so ever to back up your ridiculous claims

therefore they are wrong

making your whole arguement for national service wrong

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Wot even? National service would primarily aim to benifit the nation, not the individual. The nation's security is clearly served by having a broad population with some fighting skillz

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
possibly,

too bad that that is not sickmans argument though hey

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
too bad that that is ur face tho hey

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
iron we can agree on this issue ok

sickman has aspergers though

will-anal

Banned
HSC
If you ask people in the ADF whether they think the army is good and whether they think National Service is good and whether they think joining the ADF is beneficial, of course most of them are going to say yes.

They voluntarily joined the fucking ADF you gronks. They voluntarily signed up to be cannon fodder. Of course they're going to like it and tell you how good it is.

Based on countries in Europe and like Israel I guess where National Service is compulsory, is there anything objective to suggest that National Service is beneficial to the persons and the nation?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
they do what theyre told
society wins

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
israel is not a good example as they are an extremely militarised country that has a need for a large reserve

switzerland is not a good example because they are neutral faggots

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)