Short Answer Responses (1 Viewer)

Damien

There were two define questions:

"Define the term Exchange Rate "

and

"Define the term Economic Growth"

Each were worth 2 Marks, I don't see how question that simply asks to define something can be worth 2, unless there is some dodgy marking criteria.

All I wrote for the first one was "An exchange rate is one currency in terms of another" - That's a textbook DEFINITION. In all the past papers that would've been worth one mark.

Do you peoples think you had to do something extra for 2 marks?

sugamama

Coldplay Fan
yeah i think for the other mark you had to give an EXAMPLE

ie. I put 1 AUD = 70 US cents

or something like that

Damien

It didn't ask for an example, and my teachers have stressed "do what the fu*cking question ASKS!"

That's rorted if you'd only get one mark for defining it..as in, doing what the question asked.

sugamama

Coldplay Fan
i know
maybe you're right
but I wrote an example just in case :)

calm down its only 1 mark! Just enjoy yourself now!

AGB

HSC
my defos were....

exchange rate - the rate at which one currency can be exchanged for another currency in the foreign exchange market. it can be measured bilaterally or multilaterally

economic growth - an increase in the productive capacity of an economy, as measured by changes in real GDP per annum

scut

The Journeyman
HSC
Umm I don't think they'd require u to state how the exchange rate is quoted (ie 1 $AUS= $0.70 US)
I think a solid definition was all you needed...

wog10

exchange rate - price of one country's currency in terms of another country's currency which allows investors and traders to swap currencies

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)