Short answer help! (1 Viewer)

HSC2012yo

HSC
N/A
Hey guys I ran out of space for a couple of short answer questions, and i started writing below the lines and continued on the side of the page. Would this get picked up when they scan my paper and mark it? Thanks guys :)

HSC2014

HSC
N/A
Do markers even take into account what is outside of the lines?

Rawf

HSC
Oh shit. Yes me too... I wrote from the writing lines to the edge of the page for some questions.
I know they had those little corner border things but it didn't say 'DO NOT WRITE HERE'.. but I wrote under them and past them. Not sure what going to happen though?

HSC2012yo

HSC
N/A
Same.. :/ i wrote below the lines for some answers and continued on the sides.

HSC2012yo

HSC
N/A
Apparently there are borders on the sides? Like in the top corners there are little L-shaped borders

osak23

HSC
N/A
the supervisors said if you need more room to write for short answers, you should write on one of the booklets (which were meant for business report/essay) and just label short answers

mike12345678

HSC
^ +1

you shouldve kept between those 'L' shaped thinngs on the sides cause im sure when they get scanned those are the bits that get cut off.

Rawf

HSC
^ +1

you shouldve kept between those 'L' shaped thinngs on the sides cause im sure when they get scanned those are the bits that get cut off.
Are you sure?
Do they scan everything? Cause apparently we could use pencil in the exam and that stuff doesn't scan well.
in economics, on our booklets they had a gray bar and a scissor line things which indicated "do not write here" because the papers are scanned and cut off there.
in our paper it didn't say anything.

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
My Modern history teacher, a HSC marker, always says to write in between the L things because that's where the paper is scanned, and the rest is left out. It makes it a hassle for the markers to go back to the head marker and ask for the whole page to be scanned again for only two or three sentences.

Most markers go and ask but if it isn't a determining factor as it may be evident from what was written prior to the missing sentences, some markers may leave it out, but I may be wrong.

Last edited:

McLovinFanboy

Banned
HSC
At long as you wrote within the "L" shaped thing, you will be fine.

They are scanned, so as long as you wrote within 1-2cm of the paper it will be fine.

Rawf

HSC
At long as you wrote within the "L" shaped thing, you will be fine.

They are scanned, so as long as you wrote within 1-2cm of the paper it will be fine.
Are you serious? I wrote beyond them cause I thought the papers weren't scanned.. it didn't say not to write past them

clint_bra11

HSC
N/A
If I, or any of you guys, get marked down for writing outside of the L shaped borders I'll be majorly pissed because I specifically asked my exam supervisor about it and I was even prepared to re-answer the questions in a new booklet, but he said I didn't have to and that it was totally fine.

Rawf

HSC
If I, or any of you guys, get marked down for writing outside of the L shaped borders I'll be majorly pissed because I specifically asked my exam supervisor about it and I was even prepared to re-answer the questions in a new booklet, but he said I didn't have to and that it was totally fine.
I did it too. But I think its fine because it didnt say not to write beyond them anywhere on the page or in the instructions.
I don't even think they're going to be scanned as they allowed us to use pencil.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)