Shocking!!! (1 Viewer)

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
berghousemaa said:
How can you possibly condems Americans as stupid using the invasion of Iraq as proof. We went and so did Britain. Using this logic we therefore are stupid and ignorant and arrogant etc etc.

this thread's original intent was not to use the war in iraq for any purpose.
Absolution brought that in :uhhuh:

look at Zahid's points raised and you will "see" that Australians are more intelligent than they are! well, thats only if you're enlightended about Australian Demographics.

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
david88 said:
America was right to bomb Iraq. It was worth the sacrifice for democracy. The death penalty is a good thing , it puts away the mass murderers and the idiots of society. They have a right not to speak English if they choose to. If Americans are so stupid, why are they the most powerful and influentual country in the world?

when i first read that, i thought you were making some sort of a joke :p
the first part of you're paragraph is not worth responding to. (thats ur opinion)

as for the last sentence; lets see...

-----Americans only became powerful/influential after the first and moreover the 2nd W-War!

They imported many of Europe's highly regarded economists and guys like einstein. Europe was bankrupt- well, almost..... so who else was there to take power??........Australia? we only had what ??.. 10,000,000 people in this country?

America has oil, people , lots of land, lots of people, in the world of capitalism, you dont need intelligence to rule.

remember, 30 years ago, IRAQ was also powerful and influential in the mid-east region, all it had was oil! Kuwait at least had strong economic infrastructure- but only 2 million people.

Check this out, in the late C-20th they( the US) grave immigrants a controversial IQ test- to decide whether or not they got in!

judging by what was said earlier, the immigrants probably had higher IQs than the Americans!

my 2 cents.
Ezy OUT! ;)

firehose

HSC
mr EaZy said:
America has oil, people , lots of land, lots of people, in the world of capitalism, you dont need intelligence to rule.

remember, 30 years ago, IRAQ was also powerful and influential in the mid-east region, all it had was oil! Kuwait at least had strong economic infrastructure- but only 2 million people.
Not entirely true. Ur kinda implying that power and wealth totally relies on luck and randomness, which makes no sense at all.

mr EaZy said:
judging by what was said earlier, the immigrants probably had higher IQs than the Americans!
stop assuming. evidence please?

Bone577

HSC
N/A
"How great it is for leaders that men are stupid" - Adolf Hitler

While I like to think that people aren't stupid, but rather, understandably swayed into the wrong things, the quote is telling.

Perhaps a powerful nation requires a "idiotic" population. All the easier to have them not question and not oppose. It can curb dissent. Make everyone fall in line.

Would the US ever engage in imperialist campaigns if the people were allowed to know better?

Also, someone said they don't think the US has executed a minor. I know of only two countries that have, Iran and the US. The US stands alone in having executed a mentally retarded minor.

thaoroxy2001

Bored member
HSC
berghousemaa said:
How can you possibly condems Americans as stupid using the invasion of Iraq as proof. We went and so did Britain. Using this logic we therefore are stupid and ignorant and arrogant etc etc.
woahhhh....someone's pro-America aren't they? :uhhuh:

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
thaoroxy2001 said:
woahhhh....someone's pro-America aren't they? :uhhuh:
woahhhh....someone's anti-America aren't they?

what the guy said before was right, if u say america is stupid, which they might be for going to war, we are too for following

berghousemaa

HSC
SashatheMan said:
woahhhh....someone's anti-America aren't they?

what the guy said before was right, if u say america is stupid, which they might be for going to war, we are too for following
Logic prevails

Pace Setter

zahid said:
Should a people this ignorant be running the world?
Perhaps more information should be given to support the claim, seeing as this is the part that has attracted much of the attention in this thread? Because I can't find that much here:

zahid said:
According to Department of Education National Adult Literacy Survey, There are fourty four million Americans who can not read and write above a fourth grade level- in other words, who are functional illiterates.
A deficiency in language does not demonstrate ignorance.

zahid said:
Majority of its citizens can not locate Kosovo (or any other country it has bombed) on the map. 65% of Americans adult between the age of 18 and 25 could not find the United Kingdom on the map. All that kissing American asses by Mr Blair, and American do not even know where the hell Mr Blairs lips were!
Being able to locate the exact position of countries is probably exaggerated, in terms of % of people who are able to do it. If you asked those same Americans to locate Europe, then I'd bet at least 80-90% would be able to. But knowing the EXACT location, shape and size of most countries is a skill/knowledge that most probably wouldn't have. Lack of this knowledge is again, not necessarily an indication of ignorance. I think you're being harsh here.

zahid said:
According to INS, 92% of Americans dont even own a passport. I guess they dont have to, 10,000 miles away from home, you are still in your home turf, speaking the same damn languages! Only a handful of them know any language other than English (and they barely speak that one!)
Not a direct link to either stupidity or ignorance.

zahid said:
Americans have quite a proud tradition of being represented by ignorant high-ranking officials. In 1956 President Dwight D. Eisenhower's nominee as ambassador to Ceylon (now Sri Lanka) was unable to identify either the country's prime minister or its capital during his senate confirmation hearing.

In 1982, President Ronald Regan's nominee for deputy secretary of state, William Clark, admitted to a wide ranging lack of knowledge about foreign affairs at his confirmation hearing.
Source: St. Petersburgh Times, july 21, 1989.
For the sake of comparison, how many foreign ambassadors can name off the top of their head, every single capital city in the world, as well as ever single prime minister/president? His lack of knowledge during the senate hearing would demonstrate arrogance, rather than comparative ignorance (unless you've got information that proves my insinuation in the last sentence to be incorrect.).

zahid said:
Recently a group of 556 seniors from fifty five prestigious American universities (e,g, Harvard, Yale and Stanford) were given a multi choice test consisting of questions that were described as 'high school level' Thirty four questions were asked. These top students could only answer 53% of them correctly. and only one student got them all right.
Is this direct proof of ignorance? No. Stupidity? Well, for a test consisting of questions based on information they probably have not encountered for 5+ years, I'd say they would've done well just to pass. If a doctor of particle physics was asked a few "high-school level" history questions, what are the odds that the physicist still had knowledge from classes all those years back? Remember, we're talking about comparative stupidity/ignorance here.

zahid said:
A whopping 40 percent of these students didnt know when the American Civil war took place.
So I'm assuming that they were given a multiple choice question, with 4 choices. So if I asked Australian university students when the battle of Gallipoli began (a figure they may or may not have remembered from 5+ years ago in year 10), and gave them 4 choices-i.e.

A. 1914
B. 1915
C. 1916
D. 1917,

Would many more than 60% get it right?

zahid said:
The two questions the college seniors scored highest were 1. Who is snoop- dog (98% got them right) 2. Who are Bevis and Butt-head? (99% got them right)

Source: Pittsburgh post-gazette sept 03, 2000 and New York Times April 8, 2001
Again, if you asked Australian University students if they knew who Humphrey Bear or Skippy the Kangaroo was, would most of them get it right? This little piece of info, again, neither demonstrates comparative ignorance nor stupidity.

zahid said:
Yale or Harvard, Princeton or Dartmouth and Berkeley, get a degree from one of this university and you are set for life, 70% of those students at these fine schools had never heard of Voting Rights Act or President Lyndon Johnson's Great Society Initiatives.
And here finally, is a support for the "ignorance" claim. Can you provide a few more pieces of evidence like this? The rest of your post that I haven't quoted goes into a different topic altogether, so there isn't any info. there to support this claim.

Last edited:
K

katie_tully

Bush proved that so long as you have money, Havard / Yale are willing to drop their standards...

Whichever one it was he went to.

berghousemaa

HSC
Yale as an undergraduate as he was a Skull.
There is a great picture of him in his yearbook punching an opponent.

K

katie_tully

berghousemaa said:
Yale as an undergraduate as he was a Skull.
There is a great picture of him in his yearbook punching an opponent.
Yer...my skull is thicker than your skull.

berghousemaa

HSC
katie_tully said:
Yer...my skull is thicker than your skull.
When I said Skull I was referring to the fraternity.
Skull and Bones is a highly exclusive fraternity which admits only seniors. Both Bush Sn, jr and Kerry are members for example and they have an alumni list that could be mistaken for the Forbes rich list.

K

katie_tully

berghousemaa said:
When I said Skull I was referring to the fraternity.
Skull and Bones is a highly exclusive fraternity which admits only seniors. Both Bush Sn, jr and Kerry are members for example and they have an alumni list that could be mistaken for the Forbes rich list.
um...yeah...i know, saw it on some unscrewed show on channel v.

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
Hey yea, more typical ignorant racism being poked at Americans. Talk about casting the first stone.

If you want to see something shocking, google web search "kids in sandbox" and click on the link to enhasa.org

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)