Shipwrecks and Salvage Dotpoint (1 Viewer)

Twintip

In particular, this one:

"Perform investigations and gather information from secondary sources to compare conservation and restoration techniques applied in two Australian maritime archaeological projects."

I don't expect anyone to write up a complete summary/answer, but I was wondering if/where there was some decent information on it on the internet (including the actual chemistry of the restoration process which seems impossible to find).

I've searched Google with no great success. I am having the best luck with the Pandora and the Endeavour. I realise there is importance in the comparison of the resoration techniques, what if they are the same? At the moment, I've read how iron is restored, so I'm just taking that all iron is restored in that way. This is making the comparison difficult.

Any help would be appreciated. :) I'm going to have to start resorting to books (omg, yes! books) for info on this I think!

Last edited:

mannnnndy

chocoholic
I cant remember the info off the top of my head but you can have a look at conq chem. It has the restoration process and CHEMICAL EQUATIONS!!!! for some iron cannons off the endevour & some silver coins found in a shipwreak.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)