shifts in equalibrium (1 Viewer)

fgzz

HSC
hello, im currently finding it hard to identify the shift in equilibrium (mod 5 year 12) aka if more reactants are added according to LCP equilibrium will shift to the right, can someone help make this process easier to understand?

year10studentpreparin

HSC
hello, im currently finding it hard to identify the shift in equilibrium (mod 5 year 12) aka if more reactants are added according to LCP equilibrium will shift to the right, can someone help make this process easier to understand?
had chem HSC today
since more reactants are added, equilbirium will shift to the right THUS favouring the forward reaction which in turn will produce more products at a faster rate which this will then use up more of the REACTANTS

If its still tricky for you to understand this I suggest you look at the LCP equilbrium shift graphs which explanation because youll see when more of the reactants are added it first increases as a spike and then gradually decreases as the forward reaction is favoured and more of the reactants are used up to create the products

year10studentpreparin

HSC
may I ask why u doing this when ur still first term of year 12?

Oh wow damn nvm I just realised module 5 is the first year 12 chem module wow it just seems like yesterday when I was learning about le chateliers principle, module 5 defo was my favourite but wow cant believe just last year I was in ur shoes 😥 😥

year10studentpreparin

HSC
had chem HSC today
since more reactants are added, equilbirium will shift to the right THUS favouring the forward reaction which in turn will produce more products at a faster rate which this will then use up more of the REACTANTS

If its still tricky for you to understand this I suggest you look at the LCP equilbrium shift graphs which explanation because youll see when more of the reactants are added it first increases as a spike and then gradually decreases as the forward reaction is favoured and more of the reactants are used up to create the products
the reason why equilibrium shifts because it wants to MINIMISE the sudden change or DISTURBANCE of the system because adding more reactants will change the current equilibrium so it then shifts to favour the products to achieve equilbrium again by favouring the forward reaction in order to use up more of the reactants and to produce more of the chemicals on the products side

indeed

HSC
the reason why equilibrium shifts because it wants to MINIMISE the sudden change or DISTURBANCE of the system because adding more reactants will change the current equilibrium so it then shifts to favour the products to achieve equilbrium again by favouring the forward reaction in order to use up more of the reactants and to produce more of the chemicals on the products side
Yeah I second that, it's all about MINIMISING the DISTURBANCE

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)