• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Sheik calls for Wiggles to join jihad (1 Viewer)

Fish Tank

That guy
HSC
Sheik Haron Asks for the Wiggles Support to Send His Message to Children - The Daily Telegraph

FOR hours he stood chained outside a Sydney courthouse, waving an Australian flag and preaching his own kind of peace.

But self-styled Sheik Haron remains an accused man, charged with sending offensive mail to families of soldiers killed in Afghanistan.

Seizing upon the media attention at his first court appearance yesterday, Sheik Haron - who is named in court papers as Man Haron Monis - gave a virtual sermon outside the Downing Centre Local Court where he bizarrely made a plea to The Wiggles to help convey his message.

"The Wiggles love kids much more than some politicians," he said. "I want to ask The Wiggles to make a special show for Iraqi, Afghani and Australian kids that have lost their parents in war."

He asked The Wiggles to adapt their song Bear's Now Asleep to include Dad And Mum Now Asleep - for the children of war who "cannot see their parents".

Monis is charged with sending the offensive letters to the families of two soldiers who died in Afghanistan, and a letter to the family of a trade official who died in this year's Jakarta bombing.

The sheik's lawyer Chris Murphy told the court his client had been "preaching peace" and was "without a single blur" on his character.

Mr Murphy said the letters did not contain threats, adding: "He is a peace activist, I used to be one during Vietnam." Monis, 45, of Campsie, is charged with sending offensive material on November 27 and December 12, 2007, and on March 22, 2008, to the family of Private Luke Worsley who died in Afghanistan on November 23, 2007. He is also accused of sending such material on May 4, 6 and 7, 2008 to the family of soldier Jason Marks, who died in Afghanistan that month.

His seventh charge relates to sending a letter on July 27 this year to the family of recently killed Australian trade official Craig Senger.

His case was adjourned until January, and his reporting condition varied to just once a week after he surrendered his passport to authorities.

Outside court, Monis spoke in Arabic and English but refused to apologise for his letter-writing campaign.

He referred to a comment reportedly made by Prime Minister Kevin Rudd that he could not "stomach" the allegations against Monis.

"I ask Mr Kevin Rudd, did your stomach turn when you read the news about killing innocent Afghan civilians?" he said.
So, this guy wants the Wiggles to sing about dead parents to children who have lost their mum and/or dad in the Middle East. Taking an icon of cheeriness and turning it into a harrowing reminder of death for children. Brilliant idea, dumbass.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
But self-styled Sheik Haron remains an accused man, charged with sending offensive mail to families of soldiers killed in Afghanistan.
Cunt can burn in hell for all I care.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
i think he raises a good point - soldiers are murdering scumbags.

today i personally went to our local war memorial, stole some flowers and spat on the unknown soldier candle

HSC
N/A
i think he raises a good point - soldiers are murdering scumbags.

today i personally went to our local war memorial, stole some flowers and spat on the unknown soldier candle
I appluad you.

The other day I felt sad about the war and went to the local war memorial as well. Im not the kind of guy to spit or anything but then I saw a grave with a Jewish star on it......I pissed on it.

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
I appluad you.

The other day I felt sad about the war and went to the local war memorial as well. Im not the kind of guy to spit or anything but then I saw a grave with a Jewish star on it......I pissed on it.
That's not even funny as a troll.

FFS, and Nebs, stop being such a self-hating apologist. It enrages me to no ends.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)