Share your Visual Arts BOW (1 Viewer)

HanBroman

HSC
Hey I'd love to see all your major works :)

And any feedback for mine i'd really appreciate, i worked really hard on it but i honestly have no idea how they mark these things. im so nervous for my marks.
IMGP3523.jpgIMGP3528.jpgIMGP3527.jpgIMGP3531.jpgIMGP3534.jpg

Theres 5 parts ^ It explores the relationship between predator and prey (or something).& they're 1m/1m each in watercolour

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
looks pretty cool

but the person looking at kfc should of obviously been black :lol:

enoilgam

HSC
I dont know much about art but they look really good (maybe that's because I find eyes to be so fascinating).

norwegianwood

HSC
unfortunately, eyes are a massive cliche for major works. super common. the markers probably see 20+ works every year that are based around eyes. i've always associated 'eye art' as part of this process: white gurl draws an eye, posts it on instagram, people comment 'omfg sooo talented', etc. luckily yours is a bit different as it focuses on the whole predator/prey thing rather than the usual 'eyes are the window into the soul' concept or whatever. also i'm sure you'll get great marks for your delivery - your painting style is really nice (i like the owl in particular and dayum the eyelashes on the human).

conceptual strength is really important for getting top marks. what's your title and artist statement? if you don't mind.
if your title and statement are good, you're set.
if they're lacklustre, it's a concern.
so your concept is on "the relationship between predator and prey". as far as i know, that relationship consists of a predator... which preys... on its prey. it's a little bit simple from what i can see. although of course i don't know if you've done research or delved further into that relationship, which is where your artist statement and title come into play - they can be used to prove that your concept has depth.

i really hope this doesn't come across as harsh, i don't intend it that way at all!!! all the things i've mentioned are relatively small concerns and overall you should be confident with your BOW because it is of a high standard.

norwegianwood

HSC
unfortunately, eyes are a massive cliche for major works. super common. the markers probably see 20+ works every year that are based around eyes. i've always associated 'eye art' as part of this process: white gurl draws an eye, posts it on instagram, people comment 'omfg sooo talented', etc. luckily yours is a bit different as it focuses on the whole predator/prey thing rather than the usual 'eyes are the window into the soul' concept or whatever. also i'm sure you'll get great marks for your delivery - your painting style is really nice (i like the owl in particular and dayum the eyelashes on the human).

conceptual strength is really important for getting top marks. what's your title and artist statement? if you don't mind.
if your title and statement are good, you're set.
if they're lacklustre, it's a concern.
so your concept is on "the relationship between predator and prey". as far as i know, that relationship consists of a predator... which preys... on its prey. it's a little bit simple from what i can see. although of course i don't know if you've done research or delved further into that relationship, which is where your artist statement and title come into play - they can be used to prove that your concept has depth.

i really hope this doesn't come across as harsh, i don't intend it that way at all!!! all the things i've mentioned are relatively small concerns and overall you should be confident with your BOW because it is of a high standard.
or drawing style
watercolouring style
whatevs

HanBroman

HSC
Thanks :) I never submitted a statement; my teacher told me they dont look at it? oh well :p it's supposed to be about the way in which people are lazy and treat food as a luxury, forgetting its a part of our survival and idk. now i wish i had written a blurb..

HanBroman

HSC
oh BTW i totally understand what you're saying about it being cliche. and i did eyes because i love them, not for conceptual strength. i would have been unhappy doing anything else, and to be honest its the only thing i'm good at. i wanted to paint something stunning and beautiful more than i was looking for a good concept and i know that's not the way to get marks but it will look cool in my house :p

ljk32

HSC
I'm not too good at judging what mark you'd get. Visually, they're great and you're obviously really talented, but I figure norwegianwood would know her stuff, so I can only see you losing marks from the conceptual side of things.

Also, would I be able to see your works norwegian?

Here's mine, it's nothing near the quality of your work, but I'm curious as to what it could get. I'll post what I wrote in another topic:
"What mark is this likely to get (the closest one in the centre wasn't used as well as the shortest one at the back)?
http://i.imgur.com/4R9BJOM.jpg

The end result is a bit different though because the kiln fucked them up."

honey23

HSC
N/A
Your artworks are brilliant, HanBroman! I hope you get a fantastic mark - what an amazing and unique concept of predator-prey! I love every piece!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)