Seriousness of the HSC & study. (1 Viewer)

eat_well

HSC
The seriousness of year 12 was kind of overrated for me. I was brought up to think the HSC meant everything which it isn't. Since I'm in year 12 now, I've come to realise that yes, your ATAR is important and so are studies but it's not what should be taking up the majority of your life.

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
The seriousness of year 12 was kind of overrated for me. I was brought up to think the HSC meant everything which it isn't. Since I'm in year 12 now, I've come to realise that yes, your ATAR is important and so are studies but it's not what should be taking up the majority of your life.
inb4 eat_well gets a 65

epicFAILx

HSC
YOLO (hahaahaha.. i think this is a fad i am into [you only live once] )

Too me it seems EVERY year of schooling didnt matter.. and then year 12 its a whole new ball game.
I used to be so stressed for year 11.............. i remember freaking out because i just didnt pass an exam, and then in the end it didnt count.

But yeah.. hsc counts but dont be stressed if you dont make it into what you want immediatley.. because there are always options

_tahlia

HSC
Second year uni student here. My best advice to you is to realise that for most subjects you already know the exam questions. You have a syllabus, live by it. Summarise the dot points. When it comes time to study for a specific exam, put your notes away and try to summarise the dot points being tested without the aid of a textbook or your notes.

I struggled a lot with finding the motivation to study during my HSC. I'd spend hours 'studying' but what I was really doing was doodling away on FB with a textbook open on my lap. Try to do at least a little bit of work every day. I found summarising the syllabus points really helpful because your progress was marked out on the paper- every time you complete a dot point you get to cross it out and that gives you that sense of direction and achievement. At the end of the day, if you want to do well you're going to have to study properly. Turn your TV/laptop/phone off. Sit at your desk with some paper, the syllabus and a textbook. The hardest part is starting- once you get into it you'll be surprised how much you can do!

Good luck and remember- the HSC is not as hard as your teachers/family/peers are making it out to be. Take a step back. You've got the questions, so chill out. Realise that you definitely have the potential to get whatever score you want, you just have to give a little.

HSC
N/A
Just dedicate 6-7 hours of studies every night and reward yourself with Tv, listening to music, sports etc..
Probably realised the seriousness of HSC since year 11 :)
Is that 6- 7 hours with no distractions? and how do you find 6 hours at night to study lol?!!!! I can only study for like 3 and a half hours maximum at night :L
don't you feel burnt out? I'm only doing like 3 hours a night now, and I feel burnt out :(

Skeptyks

HSC
Just dedicate 6-7 hours of studies every night and reward yourself with Tv, listening to music, sports etc..
Probably realised the seriousness of HSC since year 11 :)
That's like coming home at 4pm and studying till 10pm straight, no food, no toilet, no anything.

delian

HSC
N/A
6-7 hours is legitimately overkill. If you can study effectively for a maximum of 4-5 hours a day with no distractions and consistent allocation of study, then you should be fine. I don't know if you're studying properly or not, but sheesh, 6-7 hours... I'll be interested in knowing your ATAR at the end of the year.
Yep don't overdo it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)