• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Seriously! Am I The Only Person Studying Japan! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hscfreak

HSC
Hey lara, i'm also doing a topic which hardly anyone else is doing too, Australia 1946 to 1996. And my teacher also said that it is easier to score higher marks as only a few other schools are doing it, therefore less competition. And it is common sense, whether it is wrong or right, think about it, if you have read 100 essays on Germany and then read one on say Japan or Australia, obviously it will stand out in the markers mind and if it is of good quality, will probably score a higher mark than one of the many on Germany as Germany will have so much competition, therefore it would have to be brilliant to gain a high mark.

And Sarah, you were rude saying that to Lara, get over yourself.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
if u still think u can get better marks then YOU need to get over YOURSELF

laracroft

lol look sarah ur just jealous coz ur doing the most popular study n ur ub against like 5000 other students......n obviously my teachers theory aint that stupid if other ppl like hscfreaks teacher are doing the same thing.....
teachers choose topics for a reason, n our teachers aint stupid, so stop thinking ur king shit, what makes u think that ur so much better than every1 else and its impossible for us to get better marks that u??
n emma, thanks for offering me ur stuff on meiji japan, but we did all that in prelim n its not part of the hsc course

hscfreak

HSC
Look Sarah, we are not the waste of time, you are the waste of time, you do think that you are right and that everyone else is wrong. Well in this case, YOU ARE WRONG!!!! Accept it! You are just ONE of the many THOUSANDS that are doing THE SAME TOPIC!!!!!! Unlike us, and you are just JEALOUS. Have a nice day

laracroft

lol go hscfreak! i totally agree with u, sarah jsut decides this is a waste of time when she doesnt ge it her way!

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
u like having ppl behind u supporting u eh? "like totally!!" once again, i strongly suggest anger management for yourself. this thread should be closed unless u wanna keep trying to win ur little argument u got goin here. if u look around u might see a little sig of someones saying "winning an argument on the internet proves nothing. ur still a retard" . true that. hope u have a nice day too. get back to me when u have figured out your national studies ok?

hscfreak

HSC
Deary me, who ever would of thought that you would have to stoop so low as to calling somebody a retard? That is plain wrong. Any self respecting person would not even think to utter those words. Where is your dignity?
Shame, shame, shame........

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
get ur facts straight. re-read my post. oh wait...u dont often get ur facts straight before u post..rigggghhht. thats a shame, yes.

hscfreak

HSC
Originally posted by Sarah168
u might see a little sig of someones saying "winning an argument on the internet proves nothing. ur still a retard" . true that.
What fact do I have wrong? Could you be so kind as to please tell me? You might not of directly called her a retard, however you did agree to the above statement. Therefore, you indirectly did call her a retard.

And what other facts did I also not get right before I posted???

some_random

LoL..
Lara is completely right..
my legal studies teacher has said exactly the same thing to us.
And i've seen the Standards Packages to prove it.

If someone is studying a topic, and there aren't many candidates doing that topic, then its only LOGICAL that it is easier to get the marks due to the lack of competition. If there is a lack in resources for a topic, then the exam markers will know that.

You don't know who you are talking to on the internet, so never assume that "chances are you'll kick their ass" :) you could be talking to the person who will get the top mark in the state :)

Last edited:

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
The new HSC is standards based..you are referring to the old ways of marking where a student's marks is compared and scaled according to how high the other students' standards are. If you do what is required of the syllabus {Edit: I mean marking criteria} in ANY National study, you can get the top band. When imply that it is "easier", I am referring to resources available. All of you have proven my point by making threads crying for help on unknown (or rather less popular and more obscure) national studies and personality studies due to lack of resources.

oh and on the side note, I could be talking to laracroft (future top Modern history - er) ? I highly doubt that by the naivete and overt self assurance she has displayed in not only this thread but all her threads and sulky posts.

last little note: congrats on your ext hist proposal mark laracroft ;)

Last edited:

laracroft

lol oh sarah, u think ur full with it n sly dat u rekon u no my ext hist mark, .....u dun no nething about me, including what i got for my proposal.....or let alone what kinda person "nerissa" is, n the fact that shes a compulsive dickhead..........
go read that thread again.........

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Woah, that's it you guys. I'm locking this thread, this is ridiculous. You are quarrelling like kids. It is possible to disagree without using personal attacks or holier than thou attitudes.

Feel free to start another thread with your questions about the Japan module. Do not feel free to bicker like this here again, it is not productive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)