Semester II Exam Results (2005) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkBait

HSC
F**K.....went from a distinction(pre-exam) in ACCT1002 to pass. ha. ha. and here i thought i was going for distinction. ha.
*gone insane*
who said i wanna be an accountant anyways? pffft.......maybe i wanna be a dancer!!! :(

stazi

Nightman
HSC
SharkBait said:
F**K.....went from a distinction(pre-exam) in ACCT1002 to pass. ha. ha. and here i thought i was going for distinction. ha.
*gone insane*
who said i wanna be an accountant anyways? pffft.......maybe i wanna be a dancer!!! :(
if you're ugly be an accountant. if you're not be a dancer. if you're boring be an accountant. if you're not, be a dancer

jpr333

HSC
SharkBait said:
*gone insane*
Yeh in the same boat. The exam was tough (well it must have been marked tough).

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
93, could've gotten more if not for that shitty final question.

jpr333

HSC
I don't understand scaled down relative to what? Screw the gimps that ace every individual assessment and every part of that mega exam (they're always around), I just can't compete with that. I miss relevant exam/test assessments. I don't know what happend, 1a just suited me much more i guess (group work doesn't really tickle my fancy).

Edit- and to clarify my understanding of it is the results were too good so they sclaed down the exam marks within the course. Gayness.

Last edited:

Tabanacle

HSC
when was mblg? from memory it after maths?

if it was it sux we STILL haven't got maths back.

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
SharkBait said:
*gone insane*
there's nothing wrong with wanting to be an accountant AND a dancer.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
69 in prof eng. Rock on :cool: This means that an average of about 85 is looking possible this semester.

Last edited:

sarevok

HSC
stazi said:
you think?
yes. what difficult to understand about that?

jpr333 said:
Edit- and to clarify my understanding of it is the results were too good so they sclaed down the exam marks within the course.
mmm most people were sitting on hihg ds or hds prior to the final, its exactly what happened in 1a. tho in 1a thye also marked the ifnal realy really pedanticlyl so this maybe happened here instead of them scaling it. guess ifnd out in exam review

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I only expect mktg1002 results late this week, but no clue about what the hell is going on with govt1406. Was on the first wednesday. Really want that result. I'm scared of only a pass.

HSC
sarevok said:
mmm most people were sitting on hihg ds or hds prior to the final, its exactly what happened in 1a. tho in 1a thye also marked the ifnal realy really pedanticlyl so this maybe happened here instead of them scaling it. guess ifnd out in exam review
Blackboard said:
Mon, Dec 05, 2005 -- ACCT1002 S2 2005 Note to All Students on Results

Now that the results are available for ACCT1002 this answers frequently asked questions. Regardless of what your progressive mark was you had to pass the Final Exam. Also note Point 2 below on Final Grade.

1. Pass Requirements

Please recall following requirements to pass the Unit, extract from ACCT1002 UoS Outline page 5 of 16:

“Minimum Requirements for the Successful Completion of the Unit of Study

In order to complete this unit of study successfully, you are expected to meet ALL of the following criteria:

• attempt all tasks

• satisfactory participation in all team-based assessments

• pass the final examination

• achieve an aggregate final mark of at least 50

If you do not satisfy EACH AND EVERY ONE of the above four criteria, you will fail the unit of study.”

2. Final Grade

If students failed the Final Exam with less than 47/100 then their final grade was the minimum of 46 or their aggregate mark.

3. No PCON in Faculty of E+B

Please note following extract from Administration Manual for Students p. 29 (http://www.econ.usyd.edu.au/2383.html )

Distribution of grades

In the process of determining final results for a unit of study, marks may be adjusted up or down. The reasons for doing this may include:

• Scaling marks to achieve consistency with the University’s guidelines on distribution of grades;

• Adjusting a final mark downwards due to a student’s failure to complete the requirements for the unit;

• Adjusting a final mark/s upwards to compensate for the levelling impact of multiple assessments; or

• Penalties due to late discovery of plagiarism or other malpractice.

The Rules:
Grades of ‘PCON – Pass (Concessional)’ are not awarded or recognised in any award course offered by the Faculty of Economics and Business, are treated as failures for the purposes of progression and do not satisfy award course requirements. This regulation also applies to grades in units of study offered by other faculties that are counted towards Faculty of Economics and Business award courses or the Faculty’s component of combined award courses.

4. Final Exam Review
You can review your paper on Thursday 8 December 2005 (10am-1pm and 2pm-5pm) in MSR 1.
This announcement on Blackboard sets everything out pretty clearly.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
stazi said:
Hi kids. Since today is the starting date for their appearance (read: we should get them in a month) I'm making this thread.

Expected marks:
MKTG1002 - 80% D (anywhere from 79-83 is probable)
GOVT1406 - 70% C (anywhere from 69 lol - 72 is probable)
WORK1002 - 85% HD (anywhere from 82-86 is probable)
MKTG2002 - 88% HD (anywhere from 86-91 is probable)
Yay, so far I'm 5 marks up from what was expected.

jpr333

HSC
RanyofuKenyan? said:
This announcement on Blackboard sets everything out pretty clearly.
Doesn't actually tell us what they did it's just criteria.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
79 in integral. WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?!?! :chainsaw:

Though happy with the 87 in discrete.

Tabanacle

HSC
yayyy!!!!!!!!

79 in integral
76 in stats

two d's, that;s all that matters

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
MATH 1903 Integral Calculus and Modelling Advanced 96.0 High Distinction
MATH 1905 Statistics (Advanced) 85.0 High Distinction

A little better than the 73 i got for my first results this semester :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)