semester 2 (1 Viewer)

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
It's getting a bit boring here with noone posting, so i thought i'd make a half arsed effort to incite some conversation by asking how everyone's semester 2 is going so far. my sem 2 subjects are hard but good

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
im SO glad to be back!!
bio rocks
psych is a lot better (at least for the moment) coz its dealing with the biological basis of psych.
geog slightly better, couldnt possibly be any worse
history- i think ill like the content, but its very artsy and is going to require a totally different learning system to science.
philosophy- havent had any.
general- great seeing my mates and having a laugh again, although its too cold to be grassing it :(

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Well, I had my first lecture today (ACFI1020: Financial Management), which looks like it is going to be almost exactly like ACFI1020: Financial Accounting, a bad sign:(. I will see how my other subjects are tomorrow:).

I think I would rather still be on holidays, but that is not how it goes unfortunately:(.

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
It's definitely good to see friends again and get back into the normal routine of "lecture, cafeteria, lecture, cafeteria, cafeteria, cafeteria, lecture, home."

Lectures are good so far, with Biology being the current favourite.. although I've decided the week is just so much better without labs.

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
I'm enjoying being back in routine as well. I also enjoy my new student card that i got yesterday on account of my last one being stolen. The new one i have makes me look like an escaped lunatic :p I think i am going to have to work a lot harder this semester, for one of my subjects we were given a 4000 word essay due in week 5 :(

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
honky tonk said:
It's definitely good to see friends again and get back into the normal routine of "lecture, cafeteria, lecture, cafeteria, cafeteria, cafeteria, lecture, home."

Lectures are good so far, with Biology being the current favourite.. although I've decided the week is just so much better without labs.
haha yup, bio is still good atm, prob assisted by the fact that its gary lecturing (shut up cyph!!)...although i hate week one, no labs sucks!!

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
i will pass judgement after tuesday, if hughman and autonomy day are in the same week it will be an awesome semester.

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
Merethrond said:
Well, I had my first lecture today (ACFI1020: Financial Management), which looks like it is going to be almost exactly like ACFI1020: Financial Accounting, a bad sign:(. I will see how my other subjects are tomorrow:).
Can you tell me what happened in the lecture? I accidently missed it, thought it was at 3pm, not 1pm.

Who's the lecturer and do you know if there's a course with materials on it?

great_gregory

I'm really just OK...
HSC
mrbassman said:
i will pass judgement after tuesday, if hughman and autonomy day are in the same week it will be an awesome semester.
Could someone explain to me what this autonomy day is? I'm unfamiliar with what the deal is...

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
To celebrate the university of newcastle becoming autonomous of UNSW in 1965?
Basically involves drinking (starting at 6am), and various other funish things (such as boat races, iron gut, and a bunch of other crap that i cant really remember.) The main autonomy day stuff is held at the bar on the hill, opening at 6am and continuing till about 7pm? There are also other things on around the uni such as the Kegs at scobie heath put on by the engineering frat (it is called kegs under the bridge i think)

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
I can't wait. I just hope that my scheduled 4 hours of class are cancelled for the day

great_gregory

I'm really just OK...
HSC
Hmmm... Friday the 30th, eh? I should be able to fit in the time for a couple of drinks, what with my 0 hours that day. Yay 4 day weekends! :D

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
I am so happy to be back! And now that im doing my music course theres something that I have a hope of understanding in the content... Maths baffled me in the first week though.. but i think it was supposed (so she said in the lecture) so im no too worried!!

Autonomy day.... sounds like a fantastic excuse to get drunk and spend the next day hungover!!!! YAY!!!

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
haha yup, bio is still good atm, prob assisted by the fact that its gary lecturing (shut up cyph!!)...although i hate week one, no labs sucks!!
What? You would rather Labs in the first week? The first week is the best because you only have to go for half the time:D.

Cyph said:
Can you tell me what happened in the lecture? I accidently missed it, thought it was at 3pm, not 1pm.

Who's the lecturer and do you know if there's a course with materials on it?
We went through Chapter 13 of the textbook. The textbook is: Horngren et. al. and Atrill et. al., 2004, ACFI 1020 Financial Management, University of Newcastle, Pearson Education Australia, Frenchs Forrest, Sydney, NSW (Special Edition). We also use our old ACFI 1010 textbook in this course:).

The Co-ordinator is Krish Naidoo, who I think was also our Lecturer, but I can't remember exactly. I don't really know what you mean by "do you know if there's a course with materials on it", sorry:).

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
evilc said:
To celebrate the university of newcastle becoming autonomous of UNSW in 1965?
Basically involves drinking (starting at 6am), and various other funish things (such as boat races, iron gut, and a bunch of other crap that i cant really remember.) The main autonomy day stuff is held at the bar on the hill, opening at 6am and continuing till about 7pm? There are also other things on around the uni such as the Kegs at scobie heath put on by the engineering frat (it is called kegs under the bridge i think)
So the University of Newcastle used to be part of the University of New South Wales? I didn't know that:)!

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
great_gregory said:
Hmmm... Friday the 30th, eh? I should be able to fit in the time for a couple of drinks, what with my 0 hours that day. Yay 4 day weekends! :D
Haha! Thank God for my five day weekends;):cool:.

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
Merethrond said:
So the University of Newcastle used to be part of the University of New South Wales? I didn't know that:)!

No. Thats the whole point. Total Autonomy.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Merethrond said:
What? You would rather Labs in the first week? The first week is the best because you only have to go for half the time:D.
i love labs! bio especially, coz we get to do funky stuff (and it has nothing to do with the people present in the lab!)
had my geog computer lab today, it was meant to take 2 hrs and i did it in 40 mins, lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)