Semester 2 Chatter Thread (2009) (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
i dunno what it is because we haven't done it in class yet - only aromatic heterocycles and i dont see one there. i think i can see where to start the mechanism though (double bond onto the nitrogen methinks).

i <3 org chem though. this subject is no doubt gonna be the highlight of my uni degree.

lala2

Banned
HSC
^^wow are you serious? I hated organic chem, I think because it was so rushed through and you had to remember all these rules. lol, I can't even remember any of them now. I could never tell the difference between aldehydes and ketones though...is aldehydes the carbonyl with a carbon on one side and hydrogen on the other, while ketone is the carbonyl with carbons on both sides?

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
yep

see not that hard.

it's all the same, really - nucleophile attacks electrophile, quench the reaction - next!
at least it's been that way thus far. i probably shouldn't speak too soon, lol :(

kokodamonkey

HSC
neb... how do you survive on it... surely your so thin and frail the wind blows you off as you ride

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Hopefully bus won't be late! Ughhh Practical Ethics though :( :( hate that stupid lecture now

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
so what do people think about that?
(question mark fireworks slide)
It actually looks really interesting, though I know I'm nowhere near understanding that for a while, lol.

I'm loving chem atm, organic- yay :) Also am doing biochem in micro, so it's an awesome combination of bio and chem, so much fun :)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Reading a paper on information content on graphs. Idea is that we generalise the ideas raised in this paper to genetic regulatory networks to the point where we can properly analyse the e-coli network, and if we can do that we quite probably get published. Love bio stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)