Semester 2 Chatter Thread (2007) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Re: OFFICIAL Semester 2, 2007 Thread

oh god i thought i had a sexual timetable and i kinda do but...one of my tutes doesnt start till week 3 and another doesnt start till week 5 and both of them are tomorrow...resulting in me having a 4 hour break (11-3) tomorrow and for at least the next 3 thursdays :( fail...it'd be okay if i had something constructive to do like homework, or if i had enough moneys to go do something fun for 4 hours...but ew. i'm going to be soooo tempted to just bugger off home at 11, i can see it coming. sigh.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

You could go see a movie at Dendy? They're pretty cheapo.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC

You could meet bazookajoe :wave:

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC

Shopping for subjects. Trying to decide between 2 different Government subjects: International Risk Analysis or International Organisations. Anyone got some insight?

HSC
Re: Semester 2 Chatter Thread!

I start MATH1013 tomorrow. Looks like I have Dr. Clio Cresswell, whose name I recognised. She's like a cool female mathematician and I think she tried to make maths sound sexy. :eek:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

You should have done what I did, and delayed maths until the last semester of your degree. ;)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

haha, i knew Susan would have 2 do something moddy with the thread

i.e. sticky and new title (sorry Susan, i'd forgotten what the thread was usually called)

i'm actually enjoying this semester

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC

haven't actually been to a full day of uni yet. stupid flu. had to struggle through a 3 hr lab yesterday though with a ridiculously high fever. i almost fell off my stool...several times

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A

stazi said:
oh and I spoke to my services marketing lecturer, and turns out I got the only HD he gave out last semester. Apparently I beat the next person down by 3 marks. Yays.

*gloats* this brings my rankings tally to:

Three 1st places
Three 2nd places
One 3rd place

EDIT: for the subjects I know my ranking for, the full rankings are approx:

1st / 200 people
2nd/ 250 people
1st / 252 people
2nd /250 people
2nd/140 people
1st / 124 people
3rd / 422 people
27th /607people
Nice work stazi, but I think you go too far sometimes in revealing who you are with some of the questionable stuff you post.

stazi

Nightman
HSC

what questionable stuff do I post? some faculty is actually well aware of who i am on these forums. that's how they chose me for the E&B orientation, funnily enough. one of the women said that 'after reading your posts on a forum we often look at, we knew you'd be great'

stazi

Nightman
HSC

p.s. if someone wants an easy subject, pick up IBUS2102 Cross-Cultural Management. no previous IBUS subjects are required for you to pick this up.

He seems to want everyone to get Ds and HDs, and he made the course quite easy. Firstly, there are no tutorials (he's made a 'self-directed' tutorial instead). I don't think you need to hand in any work you do from it, though. Sexy time. This will allow me to sleep in :)

Also, he's already giving away questions that will be in the exam. 'Remember these two definitions. There'll be a question on this in the exam.' 'Know the components of this model. There'll be a question on these'.

veridis

droog
HSC

Iheartpaulfrank said:
I start MATH1013 tomorrow. Looks like I have Dr. Clio Cresswell, whose name I recognised. She's like a cool female mathematician and I think she tried to make maths sound sexy. :eek:
how is that maths, i slept in and missed it.

Karl Marx

HSC
N/A

manifestation said:
Does anyone know where the Mackie building is?
Cross the footbridge over Paramatta Rd, turn left, keep walking straight ahead and it's opposite the financial office.

HSC

Nebuchanezzar said:
You should have done what I did, and delayed maths until the last semester of your degree. ;)
Yeah I was tempted to do that actually. But I wanted to do the maths now while it was still sorta fresh in my mind. At least I get it out of the way and I won't have it hanging over my head. But YOU should have kept maths. I checked your original timetable. We would have been in the same tutes I think. ;)

veridis said:
how is that maths, i slept in and missed it.
Twas boring. You didn't miss out on too much. But Clio said that differential equations could be used for just about ANYTHING. She even showed us this mathematical formula which was supposed to determine whether you and your partner were compatible. It supposedly had a 95% accuracy rate. I remain sceptical. Anyways I almost forgot what quadratic equations were. God my maths is so rusty. Do you do MATH1014 too?

Last edited:

veridis

droog
HSC

yeah i do 1014 unfortunately. god that course is going to be slow. first week and all we did was adding vectors
what tutes are you in?

stazi

Nightman
HSC

How can you have an accuracy rate for compatibility? Like how do they say those two people were more compatible than the other two? There would be no statistically valid way of confirming it. Your skepticism is very warranted.

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A

stazi said:
what questionable stuff do I post? some faculty is actually well aware of who i am on these forums. that's how they chose me for the E&B orientation, funnily enough. one of the women said that 'after reading your posts on a forum we often look at, we knew you'd be great'
I was talking about employers.

stazi

Nightman
HSC

that is actually a good call. however, there's enough stuff on here to incriminate me, anyway, ranging from photographs to my full name in bookie's blog. i doubt employers would go out of their way to search an internet forum for me trolling another member, though. 'lolz you cant have the job because you said that women belong in the kitchen on the interweb plus theres a video of you pretending to have sex with a vacuum cleaner'. luckily a forum isnt as accessible as say, facebook for that kind of stuff. not to mention that most of my posts are in non-school, which they would need to register then wait a few weeks to access.

Facebook actually had a few scandals where employers found pics of their interviewees drinking whilst underaged, etc. Unis and schools were also catching their students doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)