Semester 1 USYD Chatter Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

antheung

HSC
N/A
I'll probably go to the 2nd year lectures, and I have a friend that will be going to MATH3061 lectures.

So I can just ask him what happens I suppose.

How are the MATH2968 assessments? I've heard the content is hard but are the assessments also hard or do they make them easier to compensate for the difficulty of the content?
Yes I think the assessments were hard :frown2:
In fact, I think MATH2968 is even harder than the 3rd year maths subjects that I've done.
Also, the course notes found on the website cover only up to week 10 or week 11 of the syllabus, and in weeks 11/12 to 13 you will probably learn stuff that is not found in the course notes so you must attend those lectures (Stephan doesn't put anything related to that material on the web ...). It also seems that the stuff taught in these last 2 or 3 weeks varies from year to year so it's possible that you don't even get to see past exam questions relevant to it. At least that's what happened to me last year :frown2:

Finally, since MATH2968 is my worst subject ever, probably my comments are a bit biased. :p

zxreth

HSC
You can now edit your timetables if anyone is interested to do so.

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Pro: I will finish all my exams by 25 June.
Con: 5 exams in 4 days.

Admittedly, two of them are prac exams, but they also require all the theory, too, so. I am so unhappy right now and OH GOD my break is already over and I squandered it by not studying.

zxreth

HSC
Pro: I will finish all my exams by 25 June.
Con: 5 exams in 4 days.

Admittedly, two of them are prac exams, but they also require all the theory, too, so. I am so unhappy right now and OH GOD my break is already over and I squandered it by not studying.
How is this a good thing? you finish on the 3rd last day... not early by any means.

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
How is this a good thing? you finish on the 3rd last day... not early by any means.
I do nursing—I could finish on the last day and then have to start my clinical placement on the 29th. It's a pro for me! (Although earlier would have been nicer, of course.)

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
^^ Wait what, did you do that this sem? How do you have marks for that already?

Last edited:

SGSII

HSC
Uni Grad
Umm, guys wth, why cant I see my assignment mark on bb? It says graded but the mark shows as "#N/A". Anyone experienced this before?

Currently having a heart attack over this.....

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
^^ Wait what, did you do that this sem? How do you have marks for that already?
No final exam.

Umm, guys wth, why cant I see my assignment mark on bb? It says graded but the mark shows as "#N/A". Anyone experienced this before?

Mine was similar to that before but then eventually my mark showed up.

SGSII

HSC
Uni Grad

Went to see my lecturer this morning, so apparently this "#N/A" means my assignment is under review for another round of marking :/

Won't be another week and a bit until I get it back. How annoying.

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk

bookwormtiff

HSC
auuuuugh have they ever given less than 25% on an exam for commerce

bc if they do then I've just failed the entire unit

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Oh and they didn't tell me my final mark. I just added up all my raw marks for each assessment and it's 84.

So I'm just assuming they won't scale since I'm 99% sure they don't.
I liked that subject. Cruisy. Do you still have to add in the participation mark (do they still have that)?

Swaan

Stupid Fat Hobbit
HSC
yep cries
got wrecked by it today ; a ; already sure I failed but to what extent... is the marking super harsh?
Not sure abt the marking but yeh the exam tore me a new one too. fkn hate this subject

bookwormtiff

HSC
Not sure abt the marking but yeh the exam tore me a new one too. fkn hate this subject
commiserates with u yeah I'm srsly considering dropping comm if I fail bc I can't deal with this for any longer... kinda already prepared for it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)