Semester 1 USYD Chatter Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Re: 2012 USYD Chatter Thread

I'm actually really impressed with o-week this year. Grates, Goldfield and Cameras on Friday and LOON LAKE IS PLAYING AT LUNCH ON THURS. Helloooo incentive to come in

edit: and rainbow chan on Friday yeahyeahyeah

randomusyd

HSC
Re: 2012 USYD Chatter Thread

Apart from about 2nd year English subjects (Shakespeare, which isn't offered this year, and Marlowe iirc), all english after first year has a take-home exam (you'll get about 4/5 days to do it), rather than a set exam in a room. Usually the questions are released either during stuvac or the first week of exams. But you don't know entirely until the exam timetable is released halfway through semester.
thanks!

JRock

Browncoat
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
4am I should really try and get some sleep, but I'm too excited! lol

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm not excited, I just can't sleep.

Omg, meat me tomorrow (today).

izzy88

HSC
Sorry I didn't see meat anyone today! I didn't stay very long at o-week - just joined the orchestra again and saw all the college fresh get completely soaked because none of them seemed to have umbrellas. That and the amusing moments of watching first years attempt to walk around campus (in the rain) in heels.

I just wish there would be an o-week where it wasn't pouring. I also made the mistake of not getting my access card earlier - so although I purchased online the 'express' queues were out the door at manning, and pretty long at ISL. I reckon I'll just try and collect in week 1 or 2. I'm not completely desperate for it yet.

Does anyone know if the access numbers stay the same? I know the number used to change every year a couple of years back, but I have an inkling the number doesn't necessarily change anymore if you are just renewing- does anyone know?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Heading back to uni tomorrow as the line for Access was way too long. I might as well head to the faculty's orientation and advise our freshers to stay productive.

izzy88

HSC
Heading back to uni tomorrow as the line for Access was way too long.
yeah I was considering this. Although its probably only worth it if I get in early. I suspect the queues will be just as bad later in the day :( It's just seems like so much effort.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
whats in that big tent?

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Does anyone know if the access numbers stay the same? I know the number used to change every year a couple of years back, but I have an inkling the number doesn't necessarily change anymore if you are just renewing- does anyone know?
Yeah it's the same number.

whats in that big tent?
Circus stuff. Tried to go in but there was a big queue, so I didn't bother.

However, I could hear it from outside.

zxreth

HSC
had to wait for 1 hour in the line to get my access card at manning

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Any idea when the Access stall opens? I was at ISL at 9am this morning and it wasn't open.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
ISL opens at 10am.

The big tent in front of New Law opens at about 8:30am - 9am.
Awesome. I think I'll head to that.

When all the freshers stop going to Manning, I'll buy you a drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)