Status
Not open for further replies.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Tennille said:
I keep on logging in every half an hour. It's really annoying :(

When are science people meant to get their results? Does it start today?
Don't expect anything before friday

stazi

Nightman
HSC
acmilan said:
Don't expect anything before friday
What I don't understand is why it takes that long. Stupid beaurocracy.
For instance, ECOP1001 was marked by the 2nd of July. Some people were eligible for a retest on the 5th (That was only 10 people). So it would have been marked in a day or two. All the other assignments etc have been marked already. There is no scaling system in place.
So why the wait?

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Tennille said:
How long does it take? I had to be a bloody science student, didn't I? :p.
I have no idea. I know that ARIN 1000 was marked almost 4 weeks ago now since she emailed everyone the final exam + participation mark, and all other assessments were done way before end of semester, but yet theres still no final mark up.

nit

HSC
I heard that results would start coming back from Wednesday, and that Chem could possibly start on Monday. That doesn't seem to have happened though.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
MKTG 1001 Marketing Principles 73.0 Credit

FUCK!!!!! FUCK THAT BULLSHIT! I'm absolutely furious. As i predicted I'd get between 73-76. I think I'm appealing.

frenchie

HSC
1Time4thePpl said:

FUCK!!!!! FUCK THAT BULLSHIT! I'm absolutely furious. As i predicted I'd get between 73-76. I think I'm appealing.
What specific complaint will form the basis of your appeal 1Time?

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
1Time4thePpl said:

er if you got what you predicted, then why are you complaining?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Well firstly, I wish to find out if the marketing research 2 bonus marks were counted.
next, what I got for participation. if it was anything less then 10 I'm appealing. For the amount I contributed, even 9.5 won't be enough.
Finally, we got shitted on for our presentation, whereas everyone thought we were amazing.

If all that fails, i'm sleeping with Paul Henry

stazi

Nightman
HSC
melbournian said:
Seriosuly, shutup mate.

I got a HD in my government assignment, and yet somehow ended up with 67. Now I am fucking beside myself. I had to get below 60% in my exams for this. I thought I went farely well (well definantly above 60%) in the two exams for this subject. If I get this mark, there is no way in hell I am doing government honours.
sorry i know i'm going crazy, but i can just see the prospect of transferring slipping away from me. there's a chance i'll drop out of uni if I don't transfer.
A lot will be determined by my ECOP and ECMT marks. For ecop i'm only expecting a D (fucked up the exam as I was studying for ECMT instead). And for ECMT at most a pass.
If this does happen, then i need a 6.50 GPA next semester. Goodbye social life.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
acmilan said:
er if you got what you predicted, then why are you complaining?
because i think there are grounds for appeal. Or rather grounds to make sure what my participation mark was. Also if my bonus 2 marks were counted. If i got that mark, then I knew I'd need to chase this down further.

frenchie

HSC
well you have every right to question university decisions, so best of luck.

with reference to things like participation marks, i know it may seem like you feel you deserve a certain mark when you compare yourself to others in your tutorial...but when the tutors stand back and compare students across the entire course they may feel differently. i'm not criticizing you...you may very well deserve 10/10 but I think it would be hard to argue the differnece between a 9 and a 10

stazi

Nightman
HSC
frenchie said:
well you have every right to question university decisions, so best of luck.

with reference to things like participation marks, i know it may seem like you feel you deserve a certain mark when you compare yourself to others in your tutorial...but when the tutors stand back and compare students across the entire course they may feel differently. i'm not criticizing you...you may very well deserve 10/10 but I think it would be hard to argue the differnece between a 9 and a 10
Well the reason i'm confident in my participation mark appeal is because in at least five of the tutorials he'd say something like "very good, stas. i never thought of that. that's excellent. no one in any tutorials has come up with that."

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
none of my marks r back yet :'( whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, this is too much stress, i dont wanna wait another 24hrs

tennille

HSC
townie said:
none of my marks r back yet :'( whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, this is too much stress, i dont wanna wait another 24hrs
I know, it sucks. Bloody procrastinators!!!! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)