Self Employed (1 Viewer)

AB2006

HSC
So Guys & Gals,

Figured I would get a bit of a thread going here. Anybody else in this forum self employed?

-Alex

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
Not as my sole, or regular (or even positive!) source income; so I wouldn't call it being 'self employed', but I have sidelines to my 'real' job.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
technically self employed for my old job (which is in limbo atm)...individual contractor

also do babysitting, but i dont count any of that as it's generally been cash jobs and i keeping a record of it is too annoying...they're just families, not like i'm working for businesses

i've only earned a few hundred for my IC job (no tax taken out by the company i've worked for)...do i still have to pay tax on it? or just wait until i earn more than the threashold?

Nick_R

Master of my Domain
HSC
I'm going to start tutoring this year - its a great way to get cash in hand so the nasty tax man can't take it away from me so that the government can get more plastic plants for parliament house

grue

HSC
I wouldn't call it self employment because it was not a regular chore, but I did freelance once in a while. Well, more like once in a blue moon, heh. I just don't have the time anymore ever since I started working on personal projects. :(

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
I did a few years of guitar tuition for a bit of cash back in high school. Left me in a bit of a shitter now because I have no work references. Oh well.

spudwick

HSC
i decided to employ myself, 'cause no one else would when i finished studying multimedia. now there are 7 of us that work for my company and its the best job in the world.

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
I have my own ABN and such, but I contract from a company. However, because I'm a sole contractor, I work when I say I work, and I take time off when I want to. They can call me and ask me to work, and I'll usually say yes unless it's impossible, but I'm not under any obligation to now that I've worked with them for a while.

Apollo34

HSC
I organize and host my own nightclub event, this along with re-selling cars are my primary source of income

Last edited:

shsshs

HSC
Apollo34 said:
I organize and host my own nightclub event, this along with re-selling cars are my primary source of income
seriously? and youre in yr12 this year?

Apollo34

HSC
seriously? and youre in yr12 this year?
Yea buts it not like i own the nightclub premises, i just hire the venue, outsource the services(DJ's, catering, security) and rent the equipment. Once that falls into place i advertise 3 weeks ahead and find my pimp clothes lol.
It was a risky venture at first, but some of my friends tried it before unsuccsesfully so i was able to see where they went wrong. Also my BUS STUD teacher told me I had a low probability of success... I dont know, maybe i did, but i managed to turn profit in first event and its been going well for me ever since.
As for the cars bit, that was a more 'laborious' thing i did before opening the club to finance studies. Its where i would purchase damaged or inoperable cars and repair and register them after which i would sell them to make profit. But i might drop this if i become sure the club and my job at BIG W can finance my UNI years.

Cheers,

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
Apollo34 said:
Yea buts it not like i own the nightclub premises, i just hire the venue, outsource the services(DJ's, catering, security) and rent the equipment.
That's fantastic, Apollo. Should be very proud that you've got through. Your business studies teacher is spot on, but you're obviously doing something right!

G

gotoguy

If what I pay for English tuition is anything to go by...I'm going to get in on that when I'm at USYD next year studying Arts. From what I hear you're only at uni half the day anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)