Self Catered - Suggestions? (1 Viewer)

fleurpower

HSC
Hi,

I am moving down to davey lodge pretty soon in a 5 share, self catered. I just wanted to know about other peoples experiences?

Was cooking for yourself okay? ( i can do it, but it is draing after working/being at uni)

and was your experience of sharing with 4 other ppl okay?

Thanks =]

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Cooking for yourself is easy, and cheap, it'll just take some getting used to. Personally, I have a few favourite things which I pre-make at the start of the week and then cook up later, so cooking dinner isn't a hassle. Lunch and breakfast generally don't take any time at all.

For example, I pre-make the sauce for nachos and then just add chips and cheese when I'm ready to eat. I also eat a lot of curries and use either mince or bbq chicken as my main meat.

romancandle

HSC
Mi-goreng. Enough said.

Haha apart from that.... see if you can get your hand on a 'crockpot' (I think thats the spelling). You can chuck a full meal in it and it cooks slowly all day long while your out. Only one thing to wash up in the end!

I had a freind who said only bring down very very miminal and basic cooking utensils at first, in order to see what others have brought. There is limited storage space in the kitchen as I understand it, and having to many pots/pans etc might make things a little difficult!

Im going to be heading towards plenty of stuff thats really easy to cook and relatively quick. Or something that can be done before, frozen and then heated up later. Beef strog, stirfry, savoury mince, nachos, pasta carbornara (scuse the spelling to all the italians out there), chunky soups (with plenty of chunks), home made burgers with cheap mince patties (I think Im going to be fairly poor) and easy grills like bacon, sausages, tiny lamb chops etc etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)