Selective School Students share your SC results: (1 Viewer)

Jessicaz2910

HSC
This this this. Over half the grade slept halfway through most of the SC exams and didn't study at all whatsoever, and I attend a top 10 school. SC is a joke. Personally, I didn't perform well, but it was to be expected because I didn't study at all. :p

97 English
97 History
96 Maths (fmlQQ)
94 Science
90 Geography (bane of my existence. ./shoots)
99 Computing skills
those are great results, congrats!

i find it hilarious when people say oh yeah, didn't study at all, yet some did study asses for either for yearlies or even just sc.

HSC
English - 90 (been getting Bs and Cs all year...)
Mathematics - 98
Science - 94
Geography - 95
History - 90 (got 52% in the school yearly!)
Computing - 96

NSG-er

I did better than expected, especially with English and History :)

music2love

HSC
english - 93 D:
maths - 96
science - 93
history - 95
geography - 94
computing skills - 91 and i took IST ! D;

I did pretty shit considering people in my school got 100.
And my school's in top 3 cause I feel weird writing it here ><

such_such

HSC
english - 93 D:
maths - 96
science - 93
history - 95
geography - 94
computing skills - 91 and i took IST ! D;

I did pretty shit considering people in my school got 100.
And my school's in top 3 cause I feel weird writing it here ><
LOL I know how you feel, I did IST yet I did terrible compared to the people who didn't even know how to use Microsoft Access :S

esiotrot

HSC
English - 95
Math - 98
Science - 94
Geography - 95
History - 89
Computers - 98

Rank ~ 200 school now, top 3 selective school next year.
Kind of nervous I'm going to get owned by all the smart peeps next year

jbell

HSC
I don't go to a selective school, but I'm searching for reassurance that I didn't do too badly
English - 93
Maths - 93
Science - 84 (I've hated science my whole life)
Geography - 89
History - 89 (don't the 89s annoy you!!!)
Computing - 97

I'm stoked with Maths and science (expected a B4) and annoyed with geo because I got 1st in the year and thought I did pretty well in it :\

Focus is Key

HSC
These are my marks and I do not attend a selective school although I wouldn't mind attending one.

English: 94
Maths: 95
Science: 93
History: 94
Geography: 93
Computing: 95

BTW IST doesn't really help that much with Computing Skills. Computing Skills is mostly general knowledge!

Last edited:

starryblue

HSC
got a question here...i don't see the point of this thread. what's with this selective school vs non-selective school business?

zombies

HSC
got a question here...i don't see the point of this thread. what's with this selective school vs non-selective school business?
It think the OP just wanted to see how well selective school kids did at the SC? Because obviously the smart sort of people that go to selectives are gonna be what you're up against and so it's nice to see how well you're faring compared to the top people, and how hard you're going to have to work over the next 2 years.

starryblue

HSC
It think the OP just wanted to see how well selective school kids did at the SC? Because obviously the smart sort of people that go to selectives are gonna be what you're up against and so it's nice to see how well you're faring compared to the top people, and how hard you're going to have to work over the next 2 years.
note not everyone is doing history, science or geography for their HSC so even if selective school students do bad for those subjects for SC, you can't really compare that to the subjects that they're actually going to do

either way, i think we should try our best instead of worrying about people who are better/smarter than us. They're only smart because they study :D

Last edited:

zombies

HSC
note not everyone is doing history, science or geography for their HSC so even if selective school students do bad for those subjects for SC, you can't really compare that to the subjects that they're actually going to do

either way, i think we should try our best instead of worrying about people who are better/smarter than us. They're only smart because they study :D
But you can see how people do in Maths/English.

And nah, not all kids study.. some are just really naturally gifted, lucky for them haha. But yes, lets try our best!

starryblue

HSC

And nah, not all kids study.. some are just really naturally gifted, lucky for them haha. But yes, lets try our best!
though even the naturally smart people cant fluke the HSC :)

wildchild666

HSC

Not everyone does maths either. :)

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Natural talent + minimal amount of hard work > everything else.

Sad fact of life.

zombies

HSC
though even the naturally smart people cant fluke the HSC :)
I disagree.. it's possible. I mean, all you have to do is turn up to class, cram the night before exams and you could easily get into the 90s.

such_such

HSC
I disagree.. it's possible. I mean, all you have to do is turn up to class, cram the night before exams and you could easily get into the 90s.
Yes yes yes, or the morning of the exams (like me in SC)

starryblue

HSC
possible but not very smart...in fact, it's quite risky. and it also means that HSC isnt that important since they didnt try their best :O

Last edited:

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
The results on here (no SC, more like HSC but whatevs) show that many people here could get into selective schools if they tried. So many kids at privates and comprehensives could get in if they tried because they have good extracurriculars, good school results, good comp results (like D and HD) to boot. Smart kids everywhere, all around the state. Not exclusively at selectives, just more highly concentrated.

If I didn't live ridiculously far away from all selectives and actually applied, I reckon I could have gotten in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)