Selective Entry Thread 2021 (Lockdown) (1 Viewer)

Constantspy977

sensational
HSC
no but i just think i didnt speak enough compared to other people who got an offer, so im just a bit worried now
well, even if u didn't speak enough, there's still some chance, I mean at least u didn't mumble or freeze. Anyways, even if you don't make it in, your ATAR will still be achieved bc of ur hard work, so don't let that drag you down. I mean if you got an offer for normo, u have a lot of potential to do good in the future so just focus on that right now and make sure you put the hard work in yr 10,11, and 12. But, all in all, I hope you make it in :)

anondude

HSC
well, even if u didn't speak enough, there's still some chance, I mean at least u didn't mumble or freeze. Anyways, even if you don't make it in, your ATAR will still be achieved bc of ur hard work, so don't let that drag you down. I mean if you got an offer for normo, u have a lot of potential to do good in the future so just focus on that right now and make sure you put the hard work in yr 10,11, and 12. But, all in all, I hope you make it in :)
thank you so much :)

tito981

HSC
I know for schools who require HAST all they care about is your actual HAST results, as long as you did better than mediocre in your grades you just need like 75/80+ percentile to get into one of the schools even if you get into the reserve list you have a good chance of making it in, i know people who have got like 10th reserve and made it into the schools and got offers at the very end of term 4. (This is for Year 11 entry btw)

anondude

HSC
I know for schools who require HAST all they care about is your actual HAST results, as long as you did better than mediocre in your grades you just need like 75/80+ percentile to get into one of the schools even if you get into the reserve list you have a good chance of making it in, i know people who have got like 10th reserve and made it into the schools and got offers at the very end of term 4. (This is for Year 11 entry btw)
oh ok tyty :)

Scimat

HSC
I don't know if anybody cares, but I just found out I got into Baulko :D
Yoo congrats! Which year are you in? Also did you receive the offer by mail or email 😊

Last edited:

Scimat

HSC
how long are you meant to talk for in interviews?
Well it depends on the question. But as long as you answer the question sufficiently, then you're fine. But don't worry you'll still get the offer

varungothi

HSC
Well it depends on the question. But as long as you answer the question sufficiently, then you're fine. But don't worry you'll still get the offer
i was curious on this as well.. have a normo interview next week
feeling quite worried now seeing how some people were offered straight away!

Scimat

HSC
I transferred to Baulko this year. In terms of the content, no one is asking you to already know everything - it is a school, they will teach you 😂. You will probably find that even amongst smart ppl there is a wide range of abilities - not everyone is integrating and differentiating. Yeah functions are generally taught as a late year 10 topic, but for most schools that is because the topic is positioned toward the end of the textbook 😂, not necessarily because it is difficult. Topics such as functions are revisited as well.

The school wont stop you from pursuing a certain subject in year 11. The classes are ranked, but ensure that you are progressing well in
your preliminary year to qualify for a seat in the 4u class if that is your goal. dw tho because you have time to adjust to the content.
Whoa thanks for that. I will go to the school then (if I get in anyways 😂). I'm nervous some people already received their offer

kkk579

hello
HSC
Whoa thanks for that. I will go to the school then (if I get in anyways 😂). I'm nervous some people already received their offer
i’m sure u won’t be behind, most tutors complete some of the topics before the school does. and if u get a private even better, u can just inform them of the order of topics that ur school does and that way you’ll be on top and ahead of most ppl :)

Pythen

HSC
N/A
Has anyone who applied for girra and got placed in reserve got anything back from the school? I am applying for year 9 and got reserve but haven't heard anything back..

anondude

HSC
i was curious on this as well.. have a normo interview next week
feeling quite worried now seeing how some people were offered straight away!
wait, are you saying there were some people offered a spot at normo without having to do an interview?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)