Sefton HS english contradicting online resources (1 Viewer)

JiffyVFX

HSC
I am currently in year 10 for English and have tried to look online for English resources and videos to improve. Yet, many of the resources go against what my teachers want. e.g. my teachers want a conceptual statement that disregards the specific composer and text for the first statement in body paragraphs. I know I should follow what my teachers say as they are the ones who mark them but does this change when the hsc comes and they don't mark the papers?

breadcrumbs

HSC
im sure if the teachers are teaching the same thing from yr7-12, it wont be a big problem for u when u do ur hsc since sefton gets like 20-30 b6s in eng adv. im in the same situation as u, as many of the online resources ive seen have a structure thats a little different from what ive been taught, but its english and there isnt one singular formula that every single school follows

in theory itd be pretty unfair if a hsc marker had one set structure in the back of their head while marking, and marked down every student who didnt follow exactly what they wanted

carrotsss

HSC
the collective experience of English advanced

ive had 3 y12 english teachers and every single one of them has changed multiple sentences of things that the previous teacher specifically told me to do

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)