Sections III, IV - Extended Response (1 Viewer)

eat_well

HSC
I don't think many people did, though I managed to adapt ok to the marketing one.
It sounds like people found this exam pretty easy though :S. I would have chosen finance but I couldn't think of any case studies.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
I just talked about different types of finance, and then related it back to the 5 financial objectives, y/n?

har

HSC
I just talked about different types of finance, and then related it back to the 5 financial objectives, y/n?
Exactly what I did, hopefully it's good enough!

explain what you did in more detail, this is what I did:

Introd:
Dif sources of finance are essential in a business as they allow the business to develop adequate strategies. These then allow the business to achieve their financial objectives

Sources of Finance:
Made up stuff about how my business borrowed 20M from State Street in America, 8% of profits are retained, equity new issue shares raised 3mill over 4 years. These finances were used for my business's global expansion to America and to develop adequate operational, financial, HR and marketing strats on the global scale.

Strats:
Named all strats e.g Crust bought 300 new leading edge MD80 dough machines which were distributed throughout the new stores in America and shipped back to Australia. My business also paid Binks Pizzeria $200,000 to access their statistics and shit that like so they can understand the American pizza market. ETC

Objectives:
These strategies inevitably enabled Crust (my business) to achieve their objectives as by 2010 they had ___ NP increase, ___ Market share gain, 40 new stores in America, ETC

Did I do it right

Veldt

HSC
N/A
I talked about:
- Debt - Short term (overdraft, commercial bills, factoring), long term (leasing - didn't have enough time to do mortgage, debentures, unsecured notes)
- Equity - Shares, retained profits, owners' equity

My case study was QANTAS, so I linked how QANTAS uses these methods of finance to achieve their financial objectives.

And your financial objectives are profitability, growth, efficiency, liquidity and solvency (from the syllabus), so these are what I linked the success of my sources of finance to.

And what are these strategies that you talked about? The question didn't ask for strategies, unless I'm interpreting what you're saying incorrectly.
explain what you did in more detail, this is what I did:

Introd:
Dif sources of finance are essential in a business as they allow the business to develop adequate strategies. These then allow the business to achieve their financial objectives

Sources of Finance:
Made up stuff about how my business borrowed 20M from State Street in America, 8% of profits are retained, equity new issue shares raised 3mill over 4 years. These finances were used for my business's global expansion to America and to develop adequate operational, financial, HR and marketing strats on the global scale.

Strats:
Named all strats e.g Crust bought 300 new leading edge MD80 dough machines which were distributed throughout the new stores in America and shipped back to Australia. My business also paid Binks Pizzeria $200,000 to access their statistics and shit that like so they can understand the American pizza market. ETC

Objectives:
These strategies inevitably enabled Crust (my business) to achieve their objectives as by 2010 they had ___ NP increase, ___ Market share gain, 40 new stores in America, ETC

Did I do it right

har

HSC
What I did is
I said Different sources of finance allow for the funding of strategies or actions by a business e.g expanding globally, buying new technologoy, doing stuff etc
Thus allowing the business to achieve its financial objectives?

Veldt

HSC
N/A
Yeah that sounds about right. We'll find out in December :p
What I did is
I said Different sources of finance allow for the funding of strategies or actions by a business e.g expanding globally, buying new technologoy, doing stuff etc
Thus allowing the business to achieve its financial objectives?

egnaro315

HSC
lol that is scary. I did the exact same thing you did, basically mentioned the internal and external sources of finance and how qantas uses them in the sectors to achieve the short+long term goals. I mostly expanded on growth and profitability and only a little on solvency and liquidity.

Keelan134

HSC
I wasn't expecting those extended responses at all. From the specimen paper, it looked like it would be something along the lines of influences, processes or strategies for a certain topic area. Both questions were horrible for me and I ended up writing very little on the marketing one :(.
I was kinda assuming it was going to be nothing like the Specimen. Lucky I can bullshit and make up reasonable stats, Told BOS that Volkswagen promoted its new fuel efficient passat with footage of terror and war then the closing quote "Berlin to Warsaw on one tank" and how it was banned by Govt to protect consumers and particularly the Polish community, but not Skrzynecki of course

mike12345678

HSC
i hated the stupid essay. i was expecting it to be based on strategies processes and/or influences. i was still able to writr 5 pages but i dont think ill get to band. i did qantas with the unethical things they did such as fuel price surchages. and yhen regulation issues such as eeo and the carbon emission raising the price of its cost plus pricing method. i only wrotr four pages do i thoughy of other stories to talk about like cadbury using the fair trade logo on their packaging, i didnt know which business but i put fisher and paykel cheated with the testing of their goods to recieve a higher energy rating and they got fined for it ajd i did tourism australias. ad " where the hloody hell are you" which was deemed offensive in england. im such an idiot i know heaps about maccas and complrtely forgot to mention it. hopefully a 16+

johninan

HSC
I talked about:
- Debt - Short term (overdraft, commercial bills, factoring), long term (leasing - didn't have enough time to do mortgage, debentures, unsecured notes)
- Equity - Shares, retained profits, owners' equity

My case study was QANTAS, so I linked how QANTAS uses these methods of finance to achieve their financial objectives.

And your financial objectives are profitability, growth, efficiency, liquidity and solvency (from the syllabus), so these are what I linked the success of my sources of finance to.

And what are these strategies that you talked about? The question didn't ask for strategies, unless I'm interpreting what you're saying incorrectly.
I managed to do internal (retained profits, capital) and external (factoring, unsecured notes, debentures, commercial bills) all with different case studies (thank you creative business textbook!) - linked to one of those 5 financial objectives you talked about - fingers crossed. Didn't have enough time to do shares, new rights etc.

danaaxo

HSC
Re: !!!! SHIT!!! I forgot to do case study in my essay omFG!!!!!!!!!!!

I loved the report part but hateddd the essay!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)