Section IV - Management and change, ahh! (1 Viewer)

chris42

HSC
Hey,

I knew the board of studies were going to be doing something interesting this year, and I was right. Globalisation no, marketing no, marketing and change YES!.

How did everyone go in it, did you predict it was going to be on that? I knew I didn't but thankfully I had prepared a case study on all topics.

Daz

They didn't even ask for case studies this year whats with that??

sneaky pete

HSC
N/A
In your answer you will be assessed on how well you:

-) use your knowledge and relevant business case study/studies

My essay wasn't too great but it could have been worse

unoriginal

If you look carefully the rubric says "In your answer you will be assessed on how well you use your knowleadge and relevant business case study/studies"
No I didn't predict the management and change question :(

chris42

HSC
Yeah, those last two questions imply a case study even if it doesn't specifically say it in the question.

Daz

Im just so use to them asking "relate this to a case study you have studied" at the end of a question, but its been drilled into my head so much I just do it now without realising it.

cooper

FUUUUUUCCKKK.

So bumming, if you cram i suppose thats what i derserve...i prepared the best globalisation response...didnt even consider anything else (didn't have time, didnt think it would be on change)....oh well shit happens

What were some of the strategies of ER...can anyone tell me?? i just guessed

jpk

hey how did u guyz structure ur answer for this??
i put a section for economical, changes in needs, political, environmental changes, technological changes. Then i tlked up how those changes affect employee relationships in business.
Eg for economical i said if in recession people r sacked etc... and then i wrote a a bit about the issues in my case study which relate.
IS this right?

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
I did question 27, I did Qantas as my case study, I was struggling to write anything on ER strategies relating to Qantas. What a crock of shit...but meh. DIDN'T LIKE THAT QUESTION!!! For the ER strategies I wrote like rewards, flexible working conditions, training and development, etc...is that correct? Please tell me it is...otherwise...I'm gOOOOnne

kylie

i came out of the exam with my teacher asking us about case studies.. I COMPLETELY FORGOT!! DAM DAM DAM!! anyway i also forgot everything i knew about ER so i bombed that question.. cant blame me though.. i was sooo distracted.. so many people to kill and frame..

chris42

HSC
Yeah, the employment relations were a bit hard. I but for Qantas that employment relations strategies, were Competitive Tendering, Customer Service standards for staff, Employee Share scheme for employees, the ceo forfeting a bonus when the employees had to have a 18 month wage freeze.

Tdiddiy

Hey for the question with the scenario, in the rubric it didn't say use case studies, so we didn't have to right? It only mentioned case studies in the marketing and change!

jpk

hey how did u guyz structure ur answer for this??
i put a section for economical, changes in needs, political, environmental changes, technological changes. Then i tlked up how those changes affect employee relationships in business.
Eg for economical i said if in recession people r sacked etc... and then i wrote a a bit about the issues in my case study which relate.
IS this right?

anyone able to tell me if i did it right?

connie

HSC
N/A
i did question 28... it was definately the hardest part of the entire paper... i made up about 50 case studies... oh well i can still get 80! how bad do u reckon business will scale this year? it sounds like heapsa people thought it was easy so does that mean it will scale down?

karnevil

HSC
Originally posted by Daz
uh oh! someone didnt read the rubric .. they stopped asking for case studies directly in the question after 2001

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
Originally posted by Daz

yeha lyk eveyrone mentioned u had to.... but it didnt say global though..... a few pplz i know have put domestic biz.. but not global.. dunno if they are gonna get marks deducted for that..

sorry to bring the bad news..but if u didnt include a biz for hte last seciotn.. u would automaticalli get a band 4 ....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)