Section IV - Extended Response (1 Viewer)

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Which question did you choose?
Discuss how you found this extended response.

vaniLLa_554

HSC
i did 28.. i thought it was okay.. could have done better in if i had more time!!i spent too much time on the report

Danni07

happy little vegemite
HSC
i did the secon choice (28 i think, don't have the paper on me) Even though I thought it would be global (silly me) it was still good. I had one totally realcase stuy (qantas), one sorta made up (my parent's business, but I sorta made stuff up to fit) and one completely made up (It helped back up a few points o made that couln't be backed up with qantas)

Pixydust*

to Dragon Fan - the second extended response, if you read the rubrik i think its there too, always requires use of case studies my teacher told me. she also said if you dont include case studies, you cant get more than 12ish out of 20 :(

i did 28 too.. i reckon i may have messed up because i didnt focus of managing change, i just talked about the strategies as being a response to changes within businesses, and assessed there effectiveness. I think business questions are always higher order thinking (extended responses atleast) because you cant (contrary to popular belief) regurgitate memorised info. you have to be able to really understand it and manipulate it to adress a question. i hope i did okay, but i wouldn't hold my breath.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
it says to use case studies in the rubric.

I found this section to be by far the best in the paper. I did question 28, and went quite well (12 pages). There were so many relationships between disputes, and change, i couldnt talk about them all.

brilliant question. Seemes most of the state choose it.

hipPo3

HSC
I did 28 .. i used Qantas and talked about thier industrial conflict with workers like the AMWU and the AWU unions .. i think i stuffed up the ending. The question was worded wrong so it confused me.

Opium

:: Unbound ::
HSC
I hated section IV. Why couldn't it have been on Globalisation like the past papers were? Most of my case studies resolved around Globalisation and it was hard to apply them to employment relations and change. I had to do some 'creative' case studies. But still I didn't like either question employment relations was the least covered topic in our school I only got 4 pages done for it....and judging from other people in my class I talked to that's actually pretty good.....
it was essay format though, so no graphs and such, all writing.

went better in section 3 though.

pollingtt

i just want to ask what approach was taken to Q28. did u guys go into real depth about each of the strategies to manage change effectively ie; identify the need for change, creating a culture of change etc ?

7th Sign

HSC
28 was the best man heaps of people did 27 in my school

I had all this mad content for rewards, industrial content and managemnt change or what ever did soo much writing man, Trial 3 pages in this section hsc 13 pages...Though I did all good shit :cool:

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
i did 28, i didnt wrte alot (only 5 pages) because i spent too much time on the report...quite a good question, but once again i was clueless so i dont think what i wrote was right.

Dan1e1a

HSC
can someone please post the answers for the multiple choice quetsions?

xxASCxxSupxx

HSC
err cant u use graphs and diagrams for section 4? i'm pretty sure i did like i had one diagram and a lot of bullet points ...

vaniLLa_554

HSC
pollingtt said:
i just want to ask what approach was taken to Q28. did u guys go into real depth about each of the strategies to manage change effectively ie; identify the need for change, creating a culture of change etc ?
for 28..
for the managing change effectively:
identifying need for change
setting achievable goals
creating a culture of change

and i discussed rewards and training & devpt with those points

jackcass2

i did 27 and talked about the rights and obligations of employers now that new technogly is in (ie mobiles, internet) which improves communication between employers and employees and emplyer relations as a whole which makes managing change more effective and efficient. qantas was the only case study.

not many people did 27? hmm that might be a bonus to me casue everyone on here is high band kids eh

Mandy101

HSC
I did Q27 because I looked at 28 and completely blanked out in regards to industrial disputes. I liked 27 because I could manipulate it a lot and I had a similar question in my trial exam.

I talked about the basic rights of employers (duty to provide agreed remuneration etc) and talked about ethical issues which employers were increasingly responsible for (anti-discrim, OH&S, unfair dismissal etc). I then talked about communications sytems: grievance procedures, worker participation, team briefings and some other random ones and linked that to managing change effectively. I also discussed nature and sources of change, resisters to change, and ethical change - with ethical change, I talked about how communication systems could manage things like globalisation, cultural diversity and quality of working life. I added in a few more bits and pieces, but overall I really liked the question.

Last edited:

exa_boi87

aka biomic
HSC
27 = winner .... good stuff, got a good 9 pages out mostly in incorporating communication systems with effective change (perfect for australia post ... woo)

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
I did 27
i talked about grievance procedures, worker participation, and team briefings
and then managing change effectively-identify need 4 change, setting achievable goals, creating culture 4 change and change models.

tigerschick

^*PrInCeSs*^
HSC
i hate business its my worst subject i didnt study and hardly listened in class. i did Q27 and thank fuck i do legal studies. i wrote like 3 pages on rights and obligations, then somehow bullshitted my way thru communication systems and managing change, and then i tried to connect them all somehow....? and somehow i got 8 pages so i was over the moon. and then at the end of every paragraph i just said "this is how FGL (fosters) successfully managed change" or "this is an example of FGLs communication system" and tried to relate to fosters. hoping to get 13/14??!!

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
i chose 28. Fuckerd it up. i didnt really remember anything about Billabong and industrial conflict. but i thought i had a better chance of rabbiting on about it than i did of giong on about rights and obligations of employers or whatever 27 was.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)