• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Section III- how did u set it out (1 Viewer)

Jerruy

Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2005
Messages
297
Gender
Female
HSC
2013
I would be interested to see everyones layout for this question.
 

hscbec101

New Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2007
Messages
10
Gender
Female
HSC
2007
Well i set it out like a business report
I had an executive summary
A SWOT Analysis
I wrote about how price penetration is the best way to advertise
I said that group dynamics and team work could introduce Employee night outs to encourage employment relations
I said grup dnmaics make productivity and interaction in the workplace more healthier thus encouraging employees to work and become skilled
And i also said there needs to be a financial plan implemented, Sources of funds (internal and external) and working capital
I stuffed up section IV so bad. i will be lucky to scrape a few marks
 

Jerruy

Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2005
Messages
297
Gender
Female
HSC
2013
ummmm..thats not how i did it.

btw, I KNOW u set it out report format!!!
 

ballin

Banned
Joined
Oct 22, 2006
Messages
205
Gender
Male
HSC
2007
umm thats just weird to me... i set it out using the terms of the question isnt that what youre meant to do??

exec summ

1. marketing strats >> promotion

2. ER strats

3. Measures of effective ER

4. Cash flow management

5. Profitablity management

Conclusion

sounds a bit strange up there ^^^
 

Jerruy

Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2005
Messages
297
Gender
Female
HSC
2013
ballin said:
umm thats just weird to me... i set it out using the terms of the question isnt that what youre meant to do??

exec summ

1. marketing strats >> promotion

2. ER strats

3. Measures of effective ER

4. Cash flow management

5. Profitablity management

Conclusion

sounds a bit strange up there ^^^
same except it only asked for 1 promotional strategy, 1 form of effective e/r and 1 measure of effectiveness... wasted ur time if u need all of them
 

Cam-C

New Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2006
Messages
11
Location
Newcastle
Gender
Male
HSC
2007
hscbec101 said:
Well i set it out like a business report
I had an executive summary
A SWOT Analysis
I wrote about how price penetration is the best way to advertise
I said that group dynamics and team work could introduce Employee night outs to encourage employment relations
I said grup dnmaics make productivity and interaction in the workplace more healthier thus encouraging employees to work and become skilled
And i also said there needs to be a financial plan implemented, Sources of funds (internal and external) and working capital
I stuffed up section IV so bad. i will be lucky to scrape a few marks

Price penetration as a promotion strategy ? hmmm.

i set mine out:

1. Exec Summary
2. Marketing
2.1 Below-the-line promotion
3.Employment Relations
3.1 Rewards
3.1.1 - Commission for Sales
3.1.2 - Per unit bonus for Production
3.2 Benchmarking
4. Cash Flow Management
4.1 Accounts receivable management
4.1.1 Factoring
5. Profitability Management
6. Conclusion

im guessing this is probably similar to what everyone else had.
 

Fish Sauce

Active Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2007
Messages
1,051
Gender
Undisclosed
HSC
N/A
lol I forgot subheadings.

Oh well I just had:

Executive Summary
Marketing Strategy
Improving and Measuring Effective Employment Relations
Cash Flow and Profitability Management
Conclusion
 

Cam-C

New Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2006
Messages
11
Location
Newcastle
Gender
Male
HSC
2007
Gosford said:
hmmm...i had promotion- media??? eg. tv + internet??
is that ok?
the stimulus said they had tried advertising in the past, and it had proved unsuccessful. but i guess if u provided sufficient evidence that it would be successful, you should still get some marks
 

Fish Sauce

Active Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2007
Messages
1,051
Gender
Undisclosed
HSC
N/A
Gosford said:
hmmm...i had promotion- media??? eg. tv + internet??
is that ok?
As long as you justify it they can't really say you're wrong.
 

Gosford

Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2006
Messages
207
Location
Woy Woy Peninsula
Gender
Male
HSC
2007
good
i went... more people TV- the i went BUT!!! since magazines failed... tv might as well
i then sed i thought magazines failed coz of rise of the internet... and then sed internet would suceed!
 

Cam-C

New Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2006
Messages
11
Location
Newcastle
Gender
Male
HSC
2007
Gosford said:
good
i went... more people TV- the i went BUT!!! since magazines failed... tv might as well
i then sed i thought magazines failed coz of rise of the internet... and then sed internet would suceed!
sounds good enough to me
 

aussiedrunk

New Member
Joined
May 23, 2007
Messages
12
Gender
Male
HSC
2007
defonately left of centre

i just kepyt to the BST syllabes, focusing on
1. Below the line advertising, (word of mouth, sponsorsip of fashion show etc)
2. listed several E.R strategies reconmending training and development through induction process
3. reconmended benchmaring in comparing actrual results to industry bests
4. Cashflow - budgets, profitability- cost centres expense minimisation and sales mix + pricing policy
 

Gosford

Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2006
Messages
207
Location
Woy Woy Peninsula
Gender
Male
HSC
2007
Cam-C said:
sounds good enough to me
cool... thanx for feedback!
How close to syllabus do u have to go in reports (i know word for word in short answers)???
i sed decrease/minimize costs instead of cost control...and increase/maximise revenue instead of revenue control
 

Niksta123

Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2005
Messages
117
Gender
Female
HSC
2007
ballin said:
umm thats just weird to me... i set it out using the terms of the question isnt that what youre meant to do??

exec summ

1. marketing strats >> promotion

2. ER strats

3. Measures of effective ER

4. Cash flow management

5. Profitablity management

Conclusion

sounds a bit strange up there ^^^
Exactly how i did it! :)
 

tracyquang

Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
61
Gender
Female
HSC
2007
yep , i have that settings.
the extended response i think i went ok , only that i only have 7 pages. im worried it's a bit too short.
but anyway it's over.
 

Adam.Meads

Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2007
Messages
65
Location
Byron Bay, NSW
Gender
Male
HSC
2007
Jerruy said:
ummmm..thats not how i did it.

btw, I KNOW u set it out report format!!!
How did you do it then?

"I wrote about how price penetration is the best way to advertise"

Penetration pricing is a pricing strategy is it not? The four P's of marketing are Product (Core, Actual, AUgmented), Price (cost based, competition based, market based ... Market skimming, Penetration pricing), Place (Location, Inventory, Coverage, Channel, etc.) and PROMOTION (Advertising, Personal Selling, Direct Marketing, Public relations, Sales promotion).

Since advertising was already used and didn't live up to expectations; direct marketing isn't appropriate for clothing; personal selling isn't suitable for clothing, and nor does Way Out Ltd have skilled salespeople; sales promotion also doesn't apply well to clothing ranges .... I figured this only left Public relations.

But price penetration ... Is that a method of promotion? Not by my books, but I could be wrong.
 

sararara

New Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2006
Messages
4
Gender
Female
HSC
2007
i set mine out as a
summary
then mentioned personal selling and seperated it into word of mouth, fairs/booths, brochures and pamplets- inexpensive and can cut down their expenses- can improve profitability
then team and development and communication procedures to fix up unsatisfactory customer service and sales team
measures of effectiveness- levels of staff turnover and absenteeism- if those levels r high then the strategies will need to be changed
then for cash flow and profitability i did factoring, chase up slow paying debtors, discounts for early payment of debts, J.I.T. management and for profitability i did decrease expenses like better rostering etc
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top