Section II (2 Viewers)

HSC
yeah ive never had to take a question down that far, im pretty sure the right answer is -2x - 9.
I'm pretty sure you're supposed to assume it = 0. Therefore you add 9 to the other side and divide by -2. I checked on my graphics calculator after and it showed -4.5.

cf123

HSC
if you answer a question correctly but then decide it's wrong (and put a line through it) and answer it incorrectly, do the markers look at your first answer give you any marks for doing it correctly first?

anyone know...? :S

Question?

HSC
also. the last question was in my opinion the hardest. i said juan was correct, because there were 8 differences between the theoretical probability and the first experiment, where as there were only 4 differences between the theoretically probable answer and experiment two... what did everyone else get, and what were your explanations?
that was not bad. i had juan being correct. all you need to do is draw the typical die table and outcomes and work from there

Question?

HSC
I'm pretty sure you're supposed to assume it = 0. Therefore you add 9 to the other side and divide by -2. I checked on my graphics calculator after and it showed -4.5.
no you dont u cant add a zero out of nowhere

mystiques4

Awesome Member
HSC
im wiith mysties4 with the mircobes i did 2 x 10^-6
Maybe they mixed up, 50mg = 0.5g right? Ah shit, its 0.05 :( Also, for Question 25C, they said 1m^3 =1000L, but it's wrong? 1 (meter^3) = 1000 litre

Last edited:

emma211

HSC
nah it didn't ask us to find what 'x' was. we only had to simplify the equation so i'm pretty sure it was -9-2x

lukadore

HSC
Maybe they mixed up, 50mg = 0.5g right? Ah shit, its 0.05 :( Also, for Question 25C, they said 1m^3 =1000L, but it's wrong? 1 (meter^3) = 1000 litre
bugger. i didn't notice you had to convert it into grams. bugger bugger!! i guess 2^-6 is correct.

Deanwoods

HSC
Yeh didn't Mary have a slightly higher chance due to the possibility of winning 2 raffles and not just the 1?

I put it as 200/10,000 and 201/10,000

Right/Wrong

Last edited:

knel

HSC
holy crap... i feel so much better now, missing that last page, knowing other people did it

here is my story. i finished everything did section 2 first so last 10mins i was just chilling making sure i answered everything, get to 28, im like oh yeah cool turn the page and im like OHHHHH SHITTTTTTTT, with 2mins to go. the chick said pens down and im like nahhh and gunned the top 3mark one in like 15secs, turns out i got it right :) as for the last 4 marker i was just like umm no?

glad im not the only one that missed that last page, sneaky math tests.

Bootawa_Boy

HSC
holy crap... i feel so much better now, missing that last page, knowing other people did it

here is my story. i finished everything did section 2 first so last 10mins i was just chilling making sure i answered everything, get to 28, im like oh yeah cool turn the page and im like OHHHHH SHITTTTTTTT, with 2mins to go. the chick said pens down and im like nahhh and gunned the top 3mark one in like 15secs, turns out i got it right :) as for the last 4 marker i was just like umm no?

wHAT WAS THE ANSWER TO 28c

Bootawa_Boy

HSC

What was 28c answer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)