Section II - Short Answer (1 Viewer)

Newbit

HSC
What did you guys write for the importance of controlling the debt to equity ratio? Did you guys make reference to the answer in the previous question?

zb123

HSC
WHen they said using examples, did you use specific businesses, or is it okay to give example of ethically responsible behaviour that benefits all businesses. eg environmental sustainability

maknaedori

HSC
N/A
I think I put performance management and job design (Y)
As for the IT thing I put what everyone else put: acquisition and separation :)

jnigga07

HSC
N/A
What strategies did you guys suggest for the downsizing thing? I gave them recruitment and Job Design, not sure if correct!
I wrote that they should use performance appraisals to determine which employees are most valuable to the firm so that they can lay off the once that are incompetent. For the second one I wrote that they should have in place a solid set of grievance procedures to ensure that the disputes which arise from the reduction in the workforce are managed properly (most of the employees which are maintained will probably be concerned about the lack of job security and may engage in disputation). Also stated they should attempt to negotiate any disputes as it is both cost and time effective (if they arise).

shannan94

HSC
What strategies did you guys suggest for the downsizing thing? I gave them recruitment and Job Design, not sure if correct!
See this was the only short answer I was unsure about because there isn't really any specific strategies under the syllabus relating to the removal of employees in order to downsize so I named voluntary and involuntary separation as A strategy for downsizing. Probably wrong though, sort of had me thinking that one.

Meshy590

HSC
short answers were quite different to most trial papers, and I thought that they didn't really test much syllabus content overall. But they were quite easy and straightforward

osak23

HSC
N/A
did anyone put training programs as a strat.......

i just said the continual skill refinement of existing labour--> increase productivity and skil;-->will erode the possible loss of output associated with downsizing.

and for debt to equity..
i think i did in %?
showed working and everything, should be fine right???? oh shite

yayschool

HSC
N/A
only did a ratio. hopefully it'll be alright!
how many marks was the downsizing question? only wrote the strategies and didnt explain them...

egnaro315

HSC
only did a ratio. hopefully it'll be alright!
how many marks was the downsizing question? only wrote the strategies and didnt explain them...
wasn't there like 4-5 lines for each strategy and you only named them?? o_O I think they were around 2-3 marks each.

B0

HSC
N/A
Benefits of CSR?

Why a business may not want to comply with CSR???

Rawf

HSC
WTF! (financial ratios)

So for the 'debt to equity ratio' I included owners equity as a 'liability'
I know this was sort of crazy in the test since total liabilities + OE = blabla

HOWEVER, my teacher at school told me beforehand that owners equity is a liability, cause apparently the business owes the owners the money once the business closes.
So my ratio was 2:1, when people are telling me OE is not a liability and the answer is 1:1
On my test paper I wrote 'OE is a liability'.
Do you think I can still get 2 marks or even 1? :( or no marks at all? I'm so angry.... after the test I talked to my teacher and asked 'Is OE a liability?' and she said yes... and then she looked at the question and she said 'Mmm, well OE is part of liabilities but maybe not for this question'.
WTH?!!?!??! AHHHHHHHHH

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)