Section II - Questions 21-25 (1 Viewer)

Mz_mE

Hoxton Park, Sydney (under a rock with the turtles
HSC
0410240042 said:
for the employment relations q (Vic 1), the legal issue i wrote about was unfair dissmissal if the employer had any intentions of dissmissing Vic, lol mayb wrong though
i dont think he was planning on dismissing vic.. he just wanted him to work more.. or different hours... but i guess thats a legal point... duno if it was relevant to the material.. but yeh.. u mite get a mark

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
0410240042 said:
for the employment relations q (Vic 1), the legal issue i wrote about was unfair dissmissal if the employer had any intentions of dissmissing Vic, lol mayb wrong though
Ooooh, controversial! WorkChoices are looooooming.

Georgie_girl

d3v1l_grl said:
i could only see one efficiency ratio and that was the accts receivables turnover one so when it says the changes in 2 efficiency ratios or whatever it threw me! i wrote that the decrease in the current ratio indicated a negative impact on working capital as it was only 1:1 therefore not leaving any left over for any sudden increases in expenses. i have no idea if its right or not though.
the other efficiency ratio was in net profit, because it had expenses and the expense ration is an efficiency ratio. since net profit was decreasing, this meant that efficiency had declined leading to a fall in working captial

jck

For the shoe one, i wrote misleading/deceptive advertising...the ad was targeting 8-12 yrs but it features a "TEENage" star, which is clearly out of context...

as for the other sections..im jus gonna rely on the power of bS =] ~~

7th Sign

HSC
shortygb said:
they were quite good overall i thnk ill get most of the marks there.

i just got stuck on this one question about working capital and efficeincy (i think thats what it was), did anyone else? and how did you answer that one?

true man i think I stuffed that up to ay...

maby 4/10 for that part :(

tomcats

HSC
two efficiency indicators are expense ratio and a/c r turnover ratio.
expense ratio= gross profit ratio- net profit ratio. the expense ratio has increased from 2004 to 2005, that means the business is becoming less efficient, the increase in expense means an increase in current liability, this can have a negative impact on the working capital, the company might experience a cash flow problem.

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
Dude you can't work out the exact expense ratio. You can just infer it. GPR - NPR doesn't equal the expense ratio.

pasta masta

the operating effiency ratio was simple, it increased from 5% to 10% which u can get by just finding the gap between the gross profit margin and net profit margin, and all u had to say is that this increase in expenses (like wages or electricity) had to be payed for by working capital
therefore it resulted in a decrease in working capital

tomcats

HSC
yes,you can.

expense ratio = total expense/ total sales = (gross profit - net profit ) / total sales=gross profit/total sales - net profit/total sales= gp ratio-np ratio

acast29

HSC
FOr the working capital efficiency one, you had to infer that expenses went up because net profit went down, thus the expense ratio deteriorated. This would worsen working capital as it would take mroe cash to pay for the expenses, thus reducing current assets.

Also for the accounts recievable turnover ratio, that worsened as well since it went from 12 times a week to 6 times a week, and thus valuable cash at hand is tied up in bad debts thus reducing the working capital of the business.

And whats everyone saying bout factoring and JIT methods to improve working capital? The question just asked about two efficiency ratios and their effect on working capital. Or did i miss something..:S

MarsBarz

HSC
I found a lot of the short answer questions unclear and rather difficult to comprehend.

For that shoe question I mentioned that it was misleading advertising which was both unethical and illegal. I think I talked about the fact that 12 year old girls are gullible sluts who waste their parent's money on bullshit products with ten-fold markups just to impress their other slutty friends. Wel...maybe not but that's what I felt like writting, I was so over this haha.

Hmm, for Vic I talked about employment contracts, permanent part-time, permanent full-time, casual, equal employment opportunities, the changing role of men and women in society, flexible working conditions, use of technology to enable her to work from home etc...

For the finance question I was surfing through them until I hit that working capital ratio where I had a total mind blank :/. For the second part of that section, you had to talk about how an increase in expenses resulted in the lower net profit ratio or something and then talk about how expenses could be minimised yeah? ie: budgeting, outsourcing, lease-back etc..?

I struggled for those 6-mark questions.

desai

HSC
whats with the hate girlfriend? chilax. yeh i found the short answers the hardest part of the exam. those six mark questions were a bitch. how could they award six marks i made like 3 valid points in my answers.

desai

HSC
oh shit i thought you were a girl from the pic. ok change that to "whats with the hate boy?"

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
MarzBarz said:
For that shoe question I mentioned that it was misleading advertising which was both unethical and illegal. I think I talked about the fact that 12 year old girls are gullible sluts who waste their parent's money on bullshit products with ten-fold markups just to impress their other slutty friends.
Agreed. That quote would be sigged if sigging quotes was actually cool. :D

minilles1

HSC
Logain said:
Agreed. That quote would be sigged if sigging quotes was actually cool. :D
omg that is so harsh, how dare you streotype anyone, thats like saying that all men can only do one job at a time, ohh hang on i need a better example thats the truth, its like saying that everyone that lives in brisbane goes for the broncos, the only reason girls dress like that is not to impress their friends but because they see famous people dressed like that and they want to be like them, which is the ethical issue that i put down in my response.

MarsBarz

HSC
minilles1 said:
the only reason girls dress like that is not to impress their friends but because they see famous people dressed like that and they want to be like them, which is the ethical issue that i put down in my response.
Or maybe it's just because they love the cock. Hey, I'm not complaining.

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
minilles1 said:
omg that is so harsh, how dare you streotype anyone, thats like saying that all men can only do one job at a time, ohh hang on i need a better example thats the truth,

minilles1

HSC
haha very funny, most men want to understand why girls/women do certain things ie dressing in a particular way, You should feel honoured to have insight into a females mind and perhaps when you learn to tolerate and accept people then you can understand why i am so defensive.

Last edited:

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
Perhaps when you learn to get a sense of humour and remove the pole from your ass I'll start considering it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)