14) C
15) C
16) D
17) A
18) D
19) A
20) D

The ones I doubted were 12, 13, 14.
12 I considered it definately couldn't be A or C (Women and Casualisation) and then part time just didn't seem right, as with couples often working part time now as appose to a full time male working. This is why I selected D

13 was the toughest I thought. A doesn't seem right as the last thing you'd do on a tight schedule is consult with your employees or so I believe so. B (Highly skilled staff) seems like you'd use a 'Laissez-Faire' or 'to leave alone' approach. C doesn't then seem relevant, and so I though D mate a bit of sense, working together to overcome the dangerous situation

Finally 14, my thought process was that debentures have similar risk to other finances so A isn't correct. B (secured to asset) sounds like a mortgage/loan. C makes sense because with debt financing, control is maintained while D wasn't right

Please respond with thoughts and correct me anywhere I'm wrong.
Regarding no.14, mortgages are secured over property i.e. land, factory. While debentures are secured over company assets rather than specific property. I was kinda confused on that question, still not very confident since everyone is getting C for 14

HSC
Regarding no.14, mortgages are secured over property i.e. land, factory. While debentures are secured over company assets rather than specific property. I was kinda confused on that question, still not very confident since everyone is getting C for 14
I just dont understand, it may just be me but its worded pretty badly. It says debentures PROVIDE security for assets as appose to debentures being secured by assets. Thats further made me put down C as an answer

arslan123

HSC
N/A
I just dont understand, it may just be me but its worded pretty badly. It says debentures PROVIDE security for assets as appose to debentures being secured by assets. Thats further made me put down C as an answer
ye the wording was weird, it's why i was confused. What you're saying makes sense i'm kinda hoping it's just worded badly. However with C, all forms of debt finance give ownership and control so why not mortage/unsecuted notes/leasing.

HSC
ye the wording was weird, it's why i was confused. What you're saying makes sense i'm kinda hoping it's just worded badly. However with C, all forms of debt finance give ownership and control so why not mortage/unsecuted notes/leasing.
To be honest I think that was the trick. Everyone would have thought thats to obvious. Not trying to justify, I could be wrong to be perfectly honest i didnt even know debentures were secured to assets. :p

arslan123

HSC
N/A
Hmm.. it does make sense if it was a trick, arg i'm not in the mood for tricks.. slept 4 hrs in 3 days and basically awake on pre-workout stims atm, i guess we'll just have to wait till results come out. If you're right then i got 16/20, now i can sleep in peace

nat2609

HSC
holy shit i totally forgot how to calculate total equity, but anyway, put b in my answer lol
Same here! I completely blanked on that one, I was like how the hell do you calculate gearing without total equity?! I guessed A :(

Lolieee

HSC
According to your answers guys.. i lost 10 fucking marks in multiple choice, ughhhhhh

waterlml

HSC
heres my answers with reasoning:
1)C - "she has always received excellent service" psychological refers to the perception of oneself
2)A - "increase market share" another term for growth
3)C - Other answers relate to awards, independent contractors get no awards
4)B - grievance procedures are internal methods of resolving industrial disputes
5)B - A) has choice, C) has profit, D) has profit and choice
6)C - "rapid increase in sales" means they are now in the growth stage
7)B- just in time requires very good supply chain management, poor management leads to being understocked/overstocked
8)C - intensive < selective < exclusive in terms of quality. Since Rolex is exclusive, we perceive it to have high quality
9)B - price penetration = charging lowest possible price = lots of sales = increase market share
10)B - look at an income statement
11)C - Uses same name in both countries = global branding. Uses different recipes = customisation
12)D - changing social patterns show an increase in women participation and a decrease in full time employment.
13)A - democratic = "do it the way I tell you."
14)B - debentures are secured by company assets

15)C - It is out of C) or B), however its direct result is C) which can lead to B) if a business chooses
16)D - recession = all negatives for employees, hence it can only be D)
17)A - other 3 answers are policies of gov. and business
18)D - "obtain lease and refit shop" overlaps with "purchase stock"
19)A - liquidity = C.A/C.L = 1.5:1. Industry average for 2014 = 1:1 and last yr it was 1.25:1. Therefore, it is better than industry average and better than last year.
20)D - O.E = assets - liabilities = 10000 - 7000 = 3000. gearing = liabilities/O.E = 7000/3000 = 2.3:1. Industry average for 2014 = 1:1 and last yr it was 1.5:1. Therefore it higher than the average and higher than last year. Higher gearing = worsened. Therefore it is worse than industry average and has worsened since 2013.

Leme know if there's something wrong :)
democratic is the opposite of what you said, means sharing opinions and decisions etc

also i think 14 is c because debt finance does not change a company structure, this's also the feature of debt finance

waterlml

HSC
Same here! I completely blanked on that one, I was like how the hell do you calculate gearing without total equity?! I guessed A :(
ikr, should have guessed D lol, but luckily i think i only lose mark in that question, 19/20 so close :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)