Section I - Multiple Choice (2 Viewers)

HSC
N/A
Lol bro it's 17. You can't get the full task completed in 10 days (if that's A), whereas the minimum amount (but longest simultaneously) is C.
I just read my textbook and confused myself :(

screw business studies, imma study some chem nao :cry:

berrss

HSC
How the hell is question 6 anything else but selling?

marketing approach - • Focuses on finding out what consumers want, which wasnt stated at all in the question.

Sales approach - • Emphasised selling

simple.

correct me if im retarded

Keelan134

HSC
It is A. Each path is independent of each other. If it wasn't, the delay in one path impacts the entire thing.
I give up, can somebody help me explain why it is not A, I'm all out.

You have to do ALL of the tasks. To get to task G it takes 5 days, and then you can do the 10 day task, so thats 15 days in itself.

Ok, we do task A 1 day. Now we can do Task C, B, D and part of E in the next 4 days. In the next 10 days, we can complete G, F,I,H,and the rest of E. Then it takes us another 2 days to Finish. 1+4+10+2 = 17

Demise

HSC
How the hell is question 6 anything else but selling?

marketing approach - • Focuses on finding out what consumers want, which wasnt stated at all in the question.

Sales approach - • Emphasised selling

simple.

correct me if im retarded
"Focuses on finding out what consumers want, which wasnt stated at all in the question."

You're not retarded lol, BUT, the whole bit of the question says they developed a product that CONSUMERS WANT, it's the most 'correct' answer since consumers want clothes that do not stain or crumple. It's promotional. They didn't develop a shirt and advertised it, they developed a UNIQUE shirt and advertised it.

zb123

HSC
Demise, why is it not product approach - this stresses the product as being key to innovation. THey did not specify that customers want specific qualities, but rather, they produced an innovative product. ANd sales approach is more about selling existing stock through sales respresentatives. So it cant be selling, and they didnt specify that market research had been conducted.

HSC
N/A

You have to do ALL of the tasks. To get to task G it takes 5 days, and then you can do the 10 day task, so thats 15 days in itself.

Ok, we do task A 1 day. Now we can do Task C, B, D and part of E in the next 4 days. In the next 10 days, we can complete G, F,I,H,and the rest of E. Then it takes us another 2 days to Finish. 1+4+10+2 = 17
Yeah, I get it nao :p
I was under the impression they weren't linked, I didn't realise you needed to do ALL of it. MY BAD.

Keelan134

HSC
"Focuses on finding out what consumers want, which wasnt stated at all in the question."

You're not retarded lol, BUT, the whole bit of the question says they developed a product that CONSUMERS WANT, it's the most 'correct' answer since consumers want clothes that do not stain or crumple. It's promotional. They didn't develop a shirt and advertised it, they developed a UNIQUE shirt and advertised it.
Lets say a prayer that the Board argues like we do and give everyone the mark <3 Lets all go and study our other subjects. I'll start the prayer, We love our bread, We love butter, but most of all we love the Board, Amen

berrss

HSC
it doesn't have any information but about their product being influenced by what their customers want but. just says the kind of product they made, and made an advertising campaign to try and "sell" it.

yayschool

HSC
N/A
Lets say a prayer that the Board argues like we do and give everyone the mark <3 Lets all go and study our other subjects. I'll start the prayer, We love our bread, We love butter, but most of all we love the Board, Amen
Amen, brother!

zb123

HSC
it doesn't have any information but about their product being influenced by what their customers want but. just says the kind of product they made, and made an advertising campaign to try and "sell" it.
It develops the product - which is stemmed from innovation, which is a production approach. Sales approach is about marketing products that already exist, and not NEW / NOVEL products.

shannan94

HSC
It was promotional, otherwise they wouldn't have included the "no crease and crumple" bit.
You are so wrong it's not even funny. Please don't contribute and try to prove others wrong unless you understand yourself.

McLovinFanboy

Banned
HSC
COrrect. It said they advertise and sell hence selling.

Marketing is all about market research and R&D

You said it pretty simply.

To quote examine "It is, to complete all of the activities

for example

If you only followed task B and D

You woldn't have enough time to finish C and E"

Source: Facebook friend.

You need to complete all tasks,

Demise

HSC
You are so wrong it's not even funny. Please don't contribute and try to prove others wrong unless you understand yourself.
Cheers mate, how about you propose an argument rather than being an egotistical douchenut. :) Maybe I am wrong, but at least I'm logical enough to argue with evidence rather than "Herp derp my teacher said so."

p3rf3ction

HSC
It develops the product - which is stemmed from innovation, which is a production approach. Sales approach is about marketing products that already exist, and not NEW / NOVEL products.
Thank you. Finally someone with half a brain. It was production purely because they emphasised the quality of the product. Every product is marketed somehow, that doesnt mean its a selling or marketing approach...

p3rf3ction

HSC
yeah i agree, its definately not promotional or marketing (they threw marketing out their for stupid kunts to choose). Its a toss up between production or selling. No more arguements

HSC

With all due respect, you're wrong.

We can all agree that the answer is definitely not A (industrial), since that's a type of market, not a type of marketing approach.

Now the production approach was for stuff like the T-Model Ford and stuff, where it was produced in bulk and bought simply because it was being made. The fact that the question stated that the business "runs an advertising campaign to inform people" about the product clearly rules out production approach as well.

As for the marketing approach, you need to consider the entire question:

"A business develops a shirt made from fabric which never stains or looks crushed. It then runs an advertising campaign to inform people about this product."

Nowhere in there does it mention anything about the wants/needs of any customers, which is key to the marketing approach. Take the dishwasher, for example. If the guy who invented the dishwasher had used a marketing approach, he would have done market research and asked people what they wanted, and they would have said more effective dishwashing liquid and better sponges. Instead, he developed an innovative product, and advertised it to "inform people about this product" and thus persuade them to buy it - ie the selling approach.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)