section 2 how many artists????? (1 Viewer)

sirloki

HSC
hey for thoe of you who are doing section 2 in the exam on modrnism or modernism/postmodernism how many artists are you including?? 5 or 6?? or more and are you including references to critics and artists comments.???:

confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

stressed02

5 or 6!! no way..!!
i use 2 or 3 at most.. because remember you need to refer to the artworks as well... i have written the same essay for every single exam since i started art in year 11 ... and my mark has been 24/25 each time, and in the trial i got 25 - so i hope that's all i need to do again, there's no way i'm doing more than 3 in one essay..

and i think i refer to 2 critics, but only like a paragraph on each.
hope that helped

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
3, perhaps 4 in detail (refs to their work, quotes, etc), and a few others that are related stylistically (maybe just a mention of their name and famous works)... occasional critics if it's relevant

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
yup ditto. i'm referring in detail to three artists and i'm mentioning bout 3 or 4 others in passing, like maybe a sentence or two, at the most a paragraph .. and yeh remember you can't just talk about artists, u gotta talk bout their artworks as well, i'm just referring to one or two artworks for each artist though i'm not sure that is what i'm spsoed to do..

umm yeh i'm just using critics' comments and artists' statements to back up points n stuff..

=)

roo

HSC
hmm cant remember how many i usually do, i think it's about 3 or 4.. been sooo long since i've looked at art hehh.. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)