Section 2 - Creative Writing (1 Viewer)

/\/\/\/\

HSC
i didnt necassarily 'celebrate' relationships. In my writing my character had a relationship and felt as if they belonged and then lost that relationship and then understood the significance . . . it fitted the quote really well . . . so it wasnt a straight out 'celebration' sorta did the converse of opposite and now i dunnoooooooooo

but we are ment to derive the most bullshit concepts from the most bullshit texts so now the marker can can attempt to find a 'celebration' in mine . . .

shaon0

HSC
I did quote 1, and I literally put the quote within my story.

"Human beings, like plants, grow in the soil of acceptance, not in the atmosphere of rejection"

It was about someone who found their sense of belonging through the virtual world and where consumed by the relationships she had in this virtual world- where she was "accepted".

Yet, she had the inability to relate to the real world, because she had a still born child and "switched off" and was in a sense "rejected" in the real world. She became deeply depressed, hence couldnt "grow" in the atmosphere of rejection, So this virtual world was a place, a sanctuary where she found a way to belong.

Her husband had to make a avatar user so he could actually connect to his wife.
All VERY TRAGIC...

The ending sentence is "we tried to make a life. Instead we lost two"

Any way, it sounds crap when I summarise it so ill stop now.. Im just hoping it will do well coz it was quite different!

What evs.

So did people incorporate the quote into their story?
I was wondering, could you have used the opposite of belonging ie. not belonging or alienation?

Allisonius

HSC
Did you have to include the quote somewhere? Like write what one you used at the front of the booklet or something? Because the examiners told us no to at our school...
You just needed to make it clear within your text what quote you chose to use... usually it helps to use the wording of the quote somewhere in your text. It is important that your refferences to the stimulus are clear, significant and not just vague ones.

Allisonius

HSC
My text was about a terminally ill girl who finds belonging among the worlds within books because she does not fit in with the world around her (I made alot of refferences to other texts in there, mostly classics since the markers will more likely have read them).
She is waiting alone outside her doctor's office awaiting some test results telling her how long she has left to live. Then another equally outcast and equally sick boy comes up and sits next to her, as he is also waiting for test results.
She starts talking to him (really awkwardly) and then he asks her if she will go out on a date with him. She is really happy, and she has found her place... a blooming relationship helped her find her place in the world.
Then the two of them leave the doctors office together and decide that they don't want to know what is in the tests.

Sounds a bit cony and lame, but ah well.
Mine was related to he second quote because early in the story she was talking about how "perhaps like my word-constructed-sweetheart Mr Darcy I am but a figment of imagination?" and then when the boy asked her out her "existence was confirmed".

tipsynaruto

HSC
N/A
it said "celebrate" somewhere so i thought that the story had to be somewhat positive about beloning. Since i wasn't too sure, i 180ed my story and made it into a belonging story. Luckily, it was easy going either way.

jonesay

HSC
"Human beings, like plants, grow in the soil of acceptance, not in the atmosphere of rejection"

I was laughing in my head about how many people would of written a story about plants in HSC english across the state haha

shaon0

HSC
it said "celebrate" somewhere so i thought that the story had to be somewhat positive about beloning. Since i wasn't too sure, i 180ed my story and made it into a belonging story. Luckily, it was easy going either way.
it stated sense of belonging which could mean normal belonging or isolation, alienation, not belonging etc. But, i don't know if they wanted a positive or negative story

Scinery

HSC
Write a creative which "Celebrates" belonging

"celebrates"

Is that significant??? i didn't think anything of it at the time.

johony

HSC
it stated sense of belonging which could mean normal belonging or isolation, alienation, not belonging etc. But, i don't know if they wanted a positive or negative story
the word 'celebrate' worried me as well. i wrote a negative piece regardless, but i reversed the meaning of the phrase - writing about how not being prized devalues our existence. hopefully it won't fuck me up.

rant

&&&&&&&&
HSC
Re: Write a creative which "Celebrates" belonging

i suppose it means your story shows why relationships are valuable/why belonging is important

braz_55

HSC
I was pretty happy with it because my prepared(ish) story could be tweaked to fit the first quote. I wrote 9.5 pages so I was happy with the length and the story itself but now I'm paranoid because:
a) I didn't give it a title (this didn't cross my mind at all)
b) I didn't say which quote I was basing it on and... well... It really could have been either :D Although.. I did use the word acceptance a lot so maybe they'll get the right idea. I HOPE they get the right idea.

xx.mel91

HSC
i didnt like it either, if that makes you feel better lol i wasnt really in the frame of mind to write a story got writers block plus ran out of time lol 1 and 1/2 pages :(

litho-proudofit

HSC
The whole paranoia as to whether a title is needed or not is unwarranted. It makes no difference what so ever, as confirmed by four HSC Section II markers I have spoken with over the course of this year

Don't worry its the story that matters.

Snoople

HSC
Didnt use stimulus..
horrible vocab cos i couldnt think
i made up a crap story that had no plot and nothing really happened
only like 3 pages...
yea bye uni hello tafe

sillyemmy

HSC
Do you think they'll grill me because I wrote about not belonging? I completely forgot to write about 'celebration' .. mine was a dark story o_O

7oas7y

HSC
Mine was the most viable and engaging story.

It was about a teenage girl who we discover is having familial issues. She runs away from home. She is confronted by a vagabond who convinces her that her family does love her. She goes home and says she loves her mother. The end.

/\/\/\/\

HSC
My text was about a terminally ill girl who finds belonging among the worlds within books because she does not fit in with the world around her (I made alot of refferences to other texts in there, mostly classics since the markers will more likely have read them).
She is waiting alone outside her doctor's office awaiting some test results telling her how long she has left to live. Then another equally outcast and equally sick boy comes up and sits next to her, as he is also waiting for test results.
She starts talking to him (really awkwardly) and then he asks her if she will go out on a date with him. She is really happy, and she has found her place... a blooming relationship helped her find her place in the world.
Then the two of them leave the doctors office together and decide that they don't want to know what is in the tests.

Sounds a bit cony and lame, but ah well.
Mine was related to he second quote because early in the story she was talking about how "perhaps like my word-constructed-sweetheart Mr Darcy I am but a figment of imagination?" and then when the boy asked her out her "existence was confirmed".
i like it

sunsettah

HSC
yeah it was hell easy. i had my story all planned out. and yeah pretty much wrote my memorised story. it wasn't exactly 15/15 but hey i was less stressed and that's all i care about. im in uni on early entry lol woo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)