Section 1 (1 Viewer)

Wohzazz

HSC
Exam in 3 days and I still have problems with this section. Maybe it is because of my inadequate understanding of the journeys or I don't know how to intepret the questions. I find it hard to write about the journey because i don't know what I can assume or what i can not.

Is it OK, to say, "the journey is about a person travelling home, possibly on a train at night" or better to say "the journey is about a person travelling home"

For identifying catalyst, should you assume a lot like write, "the catalyst for the journey is the desire to go home" or "the catalyst for the journey is the desire to go home and to leave a dread, sad place" (even though this is only implied and you can't be sure)- did i make sense at all?

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
to which section are you referring to?

if you are referring to section 1 of paper 1, you can't prepare for this much because the texts are unseen.

and, the journey isn't always about coming home. its about travelling from one place to another.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
then again, what do you define as home???

OoOoOOhhh cool...

But yeah, keep it broad

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
I know no one really talks about this section in the AOS paper , but i think it is quite underestimated

does anyone have any tips for this section.......
i'll give one .. id probably do this section SECOND

also the so called "innocous" question , Identify the type of Journey being conveyed

we are just saying strictly Imaginative , physical , or inner?? or are we deeping into broader categories such as understanding , discovering , being ambitious??

feedback plz

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Wohzazz said:
Exam in 3 days and I still have problems with this section. Maybe it is because of my inadequate understanding of the journeys or I don't know how to intepret the questions. I find it hard to write about the journey because i don't know what I can assume or what i can not.

Is it OK, to say, "the journey is about a person travelling home, possibly on a train at night" or better to say "the journey is about a person travelling home"

For identifying catalyst, should you assume a lot like write, "the catalyst for the journey is the desire to go home" or "the catalyst for the journey is the desire to go home and to leave a dread, sad place" (even though this is only implied and you can't be sure)- did i make sense at all?
Section 1 SHOULD be the easiest marks in your exam. I say SHOULD because a lot of people underestimate it :)

How to prepare.. analyse texts that you find, or do past papers. Just because the texts are unseen doesn't mean that you can't at least prepare for them! You know there will be at least three different text TYPES (poem, song, dvd cover, book cover, cartoon, feature article, website, etc etc).

For the first few questions it's really, really, really obvious. They aren't trick questions!! You need to practise being succinct though, and get your point across in about a sentence or two (for 1 mark). They will usually ask part a) What and part b) HOW. How is where the techniques come in.

You will have to be more specific than just saying 'physical' or 'inner' or 'imaginative'.

To check if you've answered the question? Simply ask yourself the question and see if your answer actually ANSWERS the question.

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Rather than creating a new thread on this topic; for other stort answer questions in the hsc, you start a new page for each answer, do you also do that in this exam?

Seraph

HSC
N/A
anti said:
You will have to be more specific than just saying 'physical' or 'inner' or 'imaginative'.

To check if you've answered the question? Simply ask yourself the question and see if your answer actually ANSWERS the question.
i would say a stimulus could be a combination of different type of journey's? and yea , beyond physical inner or imaginative would be stuff like understanding discovery .. being ambitious etc?

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Anyone struggling for this section should check the AOS resources from the homepage and download "jono"s notes. They are very helpful in relation to how one may approach these questions.

Seraph

HSC
N/A
aye its interesting what JONO says for the explain type questions

Global Statement
Purpose
Technique
Effect on audinece

GLobal statement ? The technique used is blah?
Purpose: the composer has used this technique to convey "this aspect of the story...."
Technique: "baa black block bang' the use of alliteration through 'b' ?
Effect on audience : It impacts the audience through a sudden unexpected change in the article , as the alliteration essentially triggers a suprised or unexpected reaction from the audience regarding .... blah

Is this what he means?? i dunno the effect on the audience is quite tricky

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)