Section 1 - e) (1 Viewer)

wintering

HSC
is it just me, or was this question NOT a compare and contrast? (judging by some people's comments, they think that it was... so i'm confused)

also i repeated a lot off stuff i'd already said in analysing texts 2 and 4. will i get any marks?

Last edited:

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
my answer was practically a repeat just tweaked to suit the question (with a tad more detail)

dolbinau

HSC
In the marking guidelines they do say repeating things 'verbatim' from earlier questions is a big no no, but you will get marks. Analysing in higher detail I guess is a little different.

Zephyrio

HSC
Questions like 1e are rather silly. How can you discern between which two texts are most effective if you can't compare and contrast them with other texts? (You were only meant to make reference to the two texts you thought were the most effective.)

You may repeat what you said in previous questions, but it's better to draw on the same examples, extend them with some other examples/techniques, and then do this with the the other text.

Zephyrio

HSC
dolbinau said:
In the marking guidelines they do say repeating things 'verbatim' from earlier questions is a big no no, but you will get marks. Analysing in higher detail I guess is a little different.
Oh okay, so it's perfectly acceptable to draw on the same techniques/examples, but also extend these? That's not re-writing what you wrote previously.

dolbinau

HSC
Zephyrio said:
Oh okay, so it's perfectly acceptable to draw on the same techniques/examples, but also extend these? That's not re-writing what you wrote previously.
I'd say so. They specifically said 'verbatim' which means the like the same so I think further analysis etc.. would be ok. But the best thing would have been to get new Techniques. It's all over now though so we shouldn't worry about it :p. Focus on paper 2!

I need to get off this forum. Guhh

Zephyrio

HSC
dolbinau said:
I'd say so. They specifically said 'verbatim' which means the like the same so I think further analysis etc.. would be ok. But the best thing would have been to get new Techniques. It's all over now though so we shouldn't worry about it :p. Focus on paper 2!

I need to get off this forum. Guhh
Oh okay, cool. I wrote new stuff.

What about for question d)? For the four marks, how much did you need to write? I think I came up with around 3 examples and a page of analysis. Not sure if that was enough.

dolbinau

HSC
I reckon it would be, but my standards for section 1 are so much lower than the people here. I mean, some people here wrote 8+ pages for that entire section, lol.

Zephyrio

HSC
Well, I wrote around 7 pages for this, which amounts to around 900 words. Not that much, but seems to be enough.

Pedophiles

Banned
HSC
I thought 1 e) was really really poor. It's the last question which usually separates the good students from the excellent students, and 1 e) didn't really allow the excellent students to show their prowess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)